criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Question for those Bossk’s out there

Ive been working on upgrading Bossk on the back burner for awhile and I’m not sure whether to upgrade Unrelenting Predator or not. I’m not sure I’m fully grasping how it’s intended to work. Is it supposed to be a permanent reduction to all ability cooldowns per kill? Or does it only apply shortening while it’s active? I’ve tried it all the time and I can’t seem to notice any difference.
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• I never found that card worth using at all. It would only give the bonus to CD reduction while predator instincts is active.
  • I would probably go with predatory resilience. I rock lingering dioxis, multi traps and trap arming speed personally.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    I never found that card worth using at all. It would only give the bonus to CD reduction while predator instincts is active.
    I suspected as much. I guess unless you’re committed to using that ability you’d have to use the extension one as well. I’d rather stick with dioxis upgrades myself. Thanks for a quick answer!
    This can be closed now friendly neighborhood moderator
  • I've never used it, I use multi traps, lingering dioxins and the one that gives you less damage with predator instincts
  • t_infinite wrote: »
    I would probably go with predatory resilience. I rock lingering dioxis, multi traps and trap arming speed personally.
    I haven’t upgraded resilience yet for him, I’ll have to give it a try. I use spreading the disease, lingering dioxis, and multi-traps and it’s worked quite well also.

• WildSpace wrote: »
    t_infinite wrote: »
    I would probably go with predatory resilience. I rock lingering dioxis, multi traps and trap arming speed personally.
    I haven’t upgraded resilience yet for him, I’ll have to give it a try. I use spreading the disease, lingering dioxis, and multi-traps and it’s worked quite well also.

That's pretty much the best imo. I have them at purple and it really locks objectives down in GA so long as your team can push with you.

In HvV I swap spreading the disease for trap arming speed. I'd like to experiment with predator instincts cards but his thermal vision is still too unreliable and buggy for me.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • For GA I used to use it, however now run all 3 dioxis cards because I play aggressively. It is a good card for some maps, my Bossk is max so swap it in and out if required
  • I run trap arming speed, multi traps, and lingering dioxis for HvV. I do unrelenting predator in GA but am thinking of switching that with the one that makes him less vulnerable to damage while the microgrenades are active or the one where dioxis and wider and thicker
  • I switch trap arming speed with unrelenting predator for GA^^
  • I know that spreading the disease gives increased dioxis area which is a huge plus, but does it increase damage as well? I wish better descriptions were used on these cards.
    I know that spreading the disease gives increased dioxis area which is a huge plus, but does it increase damage as well? I wish better descriptions were used on these cards.

Havent noticed it increasing damage, however I spam it so much its hard to tell
    I know that spreading the disease gives increased dioxis area which is a huge plus, but does it increase damage as well? I wish better descriptions were used on these cards.

It doesn't increase damage. Nowhere does it say that on the card.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    WildSpace wrote: »

Then what exactly is cloud thickness implying? It’s not like it blocks sight by much of any margin. At least with Lando’s smoke grenade the card that says increases cloud thickness makes sense.

Clone201 wrote: »

Then what exactly is cloud thickness implying? It’s not like it blocks sight by much of any margin. At least with Lando’s smoke grenade the card that says increases cloud thickness makes sense.

How hard it is to see through? Seems so.

Thicker and wider. So they would get damaged more as they through it i assume.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

Thicker and wider. So they would get damaged more as they through it i assume.

Thicker meaning how hard it is to see through the dioxis cloud.

Wider simply increases how big the dioxis cloud is, otherwise known as Area-Of-Effect.
  • I never felt like Trap Arming Speed really helps. I understand that in particular situations, it is invaluable. However, if you know where to go and when to set up, I'd rather use a different card to take up that slot.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I tested Spreading The Disease in versus and saw no difference in the size of the dioxis cloud. And it definitely doesn't increase the damage. I made a post asking if anyone could confirm it was working for them, but no replies :neutral:

Unrelenting Predator can be useful in GA for clearing chokepoints. Throw dioxis, hit Predator Instincts, your dioxis cooldown gets reduced every time you or your dioxis contribute to a kill, throw another dioxis. Two dioxis back-to-back are very hard to deal with.

Bossk has a lot of very good star cards though. It's always a struggle to choose just three.
  • I'm having a real hard time picking a 3rd card I use multi trap and lingering dioxis but can't pick a 3rd to epic.
  • I'm having a real hard time picking a 3rd card I use multi trap and lingering dioxis but can't pick a 3rd to epic.

Name Your Poison. It helps after you've been caught off guard and received too much damage in the process. It's better than the hero heal-on-kill cards.

It's not mandatory though. Predator Resilience is good alternative.
  • MootPinks wrote: »
    I tested Spreading The Disease in versus and saw no difference in the size of the dioxis cloud. And it definitely doesn't increase the damage. I made a post asking if anyone could confirm it was working for them, but no replies :neutral:

Unrelenting Predator can be useful in GA for clearing chokepoints. Throw dioxis, hit Predator Instincts, your dioxis cooldown gets reduced every time you or your dioxis contribute to a kill, throw another dioxis. Two dioxis back-to-back are very hard to deal with.

Bossk has a lot of very good star cards though. It's always a struggle to choose just three.

Apologies, i saw your thread but forgot to post. If you can, maybe try screen shotting with and without the card to see. It works for me.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    I'm having a real hard time picking a 3rd card I use multi trap and lingering dioxis but can't pick a 3rd to epic.

Name Your Poison. It helps after you've been caught off guard and received too much damage in the process. It's better than the hero heal-on-kill cards.

It's not mandatory though. Predator Resilience is good alternative.

Thanks for the advice. I need to just pick one and commit lol, I just hate having to swap loadout between game modes. So I tryn get the best overall load out for everyone and run that.
  • JAREDUP
    1432 posts Member
    edited February 2018

It probably doesn't make it thicker, many have said and I have come to believe that landos thicker card does absolutely nothing, it just gets bigger by a bit but never thicker, so it's most likely the same case here
    For the Greater Good

9k2nxbv51kuu.gif
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    JAREDUP wrote: »

It probably doesn't make it thicker, many have said and I have come to believe that landos thicker card does absolutely nothing, it just gets bigger by a bit but never thicker, so it's most likely the same case here

Lando's card only affects the amount of brylcream he can use
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• all cards for Bossk are good
    my fav villain
  • I'm running two setups for Bossk, one for Galactic Assault and one for Heroes Vs. Villains.

In Heroes Vs. Villains, I'm using Trap Arming Speed, Multi-Traps and Spreading the Disease / Lingering Dioxis. The star card for mines are self-explanatory, they deal a good amount of damage and the increased area while having faster arm speed will help when you get confronted by a hero. Spreading the Disease is situational, while it's good using against a heavy blaster team, it doesn't do anything when facing lightsaber heroes, hence why I sometimes switch to Lingering Dioxis.

In Galactic Assault, I've had success relying on my Predator Instincts for a more offensive play. Most tend to use him more defensively, establishing a safe zone where your traps will keep you safe and he excels in that. But clearing out choke points with your grenade launcher is a satisfying experience. I'm running Ultimate Predator to extend Predator Instincts for each kill I make, Lingering Dioxis for longer duration and Name Your Poison for faster healing.

Bossk has the highest sustainability in the game with his permanent regeneration, but he's also fairly squishy. He makes up for it though due to his abilities having great synergy, and also being able to jump higher than other blaster heroes. This is why I'm using Name Your Poison because when you're pushing down an objective, you need something that can help you regenerate your health. I suppose Predator Resilience is a viable alternative, but I prefer a healing ability that can heal me on the fly, rather than having to take cover and waiting for his passive regeneration to tick in.
  • I'm running two setups for Bossk, one for Galactic Assault and one for Heroes Vs. Villains.

In Heroes Vs. Villains, I'm using Trap Arming Speed, Multi-Traps and Spreading the Disease / Lingering Dioxis. The star card for mines are self-explanatory, they deal a good amount of damage and the increased area while having faster arm speed will help when you get confronted by a hero. Spreading the Disease is situational, while it's good using against a heavy blaster team, it doesn't do anything when facing lightsaber heroes, hence why I sometimes switch to Lingering Dioxis.

In Galactic Assault, I've had success relying on my Predator Instincts for a more offensive play. Most tend to use him more defensively, establishing a safe zone where your traps will keep you safe and he excels in that. But clearing out choke points with your grenade launcher is a satisfying experience. I'm running Ultimate Predator to extend Predator Instincts for each kill I make, Lingering Dioxis for longer duration and Name Your Poison for faster healing.

Bossk has the highest sustainability in the game with his permanent regeneration, but he's also fairly squishy. He makes up for it though due to his abilities having great synergy, and also being able to jump higher than other blaster heroes. This is why I'm using Name Your Poison because when you're pushing down an objective, you need something that can help you regenerate your health. I suppose Predator Resilience is a viable alternative, but I prefer a healing ability that can heal me on the fly, rather than having to take cover and waiting for his passive regeneration to tick in.

This build is what I'm currently using in GA, being super aggressive, jumping around in my dioxis cloud, getting heals while firing grenades like crazy. It seems like the best way to counter all the explosive shot heavies - kill them as fast as possible. Plus rushing into a chokepoint often leads to a few teammates following you in.

• How long does it take the mines to arm with and without the arming speed boost? I've never been able to figure out.
  • How long does it take the mines to arm with and without the arming speed boost? I've never been able to figure out.
    2-3 seconds without speed boost, blue/purple have them arming in a second or so. It’s a very good card when you’re faced with opposing heroes who can get to you or out of the way very quickly like Luke and Rey.
    I tested Spreading The Disease in versus and saw no difference in the size of the dioxis cloud. And it definitely doesn't increase the damage. I made a post asking if anyone could confirm it was working for them, but no replies :neutral:

Apologies, i saw your thread but forgot to post. If you can, maybe try screen shotting with and without the card to see. It works for me.

In Versus mode I placed dioxis in exactly the same spot both with and without the card and walked Yoda towards it. He seemed to start taking damage at exactly the same distance both times.

Maybe I messed up somehow. I've not had time to play for a couple of days. I'll re-test it when I get a chance.
    MootPinks wrote: »

In Versus mode I placed dioxis in exactly the same spot both with and without the card and walked Yoda towards it. He seemed to start taking damage at exactly the same distance both times.

Maybe I messed up somehow. I've not had time to play for a couple of days. I'll re-test it when I get a chance.

I tested this again this evening in Versus. An enemy hero takes damage from dioxis at exactly the same distance from the grenade whether or not Spreading The Disease is equipped. I could see no difference in thickness of the cloud either. The card seems to have zero effect.
    Ive been working on upgrading Bossk on the back burner for awhile and I’m not sure whether to upgrade Unrelenting Predator or not. I’m not sure I’m fully grasping how it’s intended to work. Is it supposed to be a permanent reduction to all ability cooldowns per kill? Or does it only apply shortening while it’s active? I’ve tried it all the time and I can’t seem to notice any difference.

I honestly think that Unrelenting Predator is one of Bossk's strongest cards in GA. Naturally, his abilities are his strength, and this card can really result in a lot more mines / dioxis in the enemy's face. Pop predator in anticipation of kills (e.g. when your drop traps on a pack of troopers)... not to mention all the kills you can rack up with the xray vision + mini grenades, which are murder at close range, and it knocks a lot off your cd timers.

I tested this again this evening in Versus. An enemy hero takes damage from dioxis at exactly the same distance from the grenade whether or not Spreading The Disease is equipped. I could see no difference in thickness of the cloud either. The card seems to have zero effect.
    This is extremely interesting. Thank you for testing that in game that’s very helpful. Well I guess I wasted crafting parts getting that one to purple.

Wiggo wrote: »

I honestly think that Unrelenting Predator is one of Bossk's strongest cards in GA. Naturally, his abilities are his strength, and this card can really result in a lot more mines / dioxis in the enemy's face. Pop predator in anticipation of kills (e.g. when your drop traps on a pack of troopers)... not to mention all the kills you can rack up with the xray vision + mini grenades, which are murder at close range, and it knocks a lot off your cd timers.
    I’ll have to try it in that playstyle, I’ve always used it as standalone which is why I might’ve not gotten the benefits of the card. Thanks for the advice!