criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Heroes Vs Villains 2015 Remastered - Concept (New Mode)

24567

Replies

  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    FireWall wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

    That's cool, but how about also bringing back hero stats and health from the previous game. Less stun lock vulnerability and more health because heroes feel like glass cannons now. I'd advise by giving e everyone a side step move like Maul for dodging and also a block for all heroes with light sabers because getting hammered by mobs of heroes is too big a common now. Heroes need a way to break from the attack spams and stun locks. Make this your top priority and encounters won't be as quick. Block and side step evasion. Also make blaster heroes evade moves by rolling to match force users side step evasion moves.


    Most importantly nerf stun locks the most.
  • If you want BF15 HvV to be added. Be vocal about it guys! That's the only way it'll get in.

    This
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Anoh wrote:
    Concept:
    5 round (9 max) based matches - Respawn as infantry when you are defeated as a Hero. Respawn as Hero next round. The first team to defeat all the enemy Heroes wins the round
    BP Concept:
    Troopers can use earned battlepoints to purchase reinforcements, and small ground vehicles.
    @FireWall
    Hoping more smaller ground vehicles are coming!


    Ground vehicles? This isn't GA :joy:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Anoh wrote: »
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Anoh wrote:
    Concept:
    5 round (9 max) based matches - Respawn as infantry when you are defeated as a Hero. Respawn as Hero next round. The first team to defeat all the enemy Heroes wins the round
    BP Concept:
    Troopers can use earned battlepoints to purchase reinforcements, and small ground vehicles.
    @FireWall
    Hoping more smaller ground vehicles are coming!


    Ground vehicles? This isn't GA :joy:
    :trollface:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • RENEGADEPETIE
    412 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

    Uh , no , the old HvV wasnt really HvV it was more like a round robin and personally I didnt like it all to much , i like this version much better because it is actually HvV... also only the good players will get to play as the hero .... if you are going to implement this idea then do it as a separate game mode and leave the HvV for BF2 alone ............ some people actually do enjoy this game just the way it is.

    [Mod edit: Vulgar language removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?
    ... also only the good players will get to play as the hero ....

    Have you even read the concept?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • FireWall wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

    It’s “doing really well”

    Imagine how much better it would do if it was changed. I played HvV 2015 80% of the time. I play 2017 maybe 10 percent. It really is just a button mash now without much strategy.
    It gets old pretty quick.
  • FireWall wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

    I definitely prefer the all hero HvV over the mixed heroes and infantry of the last game.

    I’d like to see a Hero Hunt inspired mode in BF2. It was a really unique mode in BF2015.
  • Just re-read the original post ....... "This would be a new mode" , with that being said , I would certainly try it out , yes , the more modes the merrier ..............
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Added:

    Regarding infantry: I suggest, to avoid any OP Star Card situations (Sentry, Vanguard etc..) you would be able to choose between all 4 classes, but all 4 classes have the same Star Card hand:
    • Thermal Detonator
    • The Repulsing CA-87
    • Dioxis Launcher

    All main weapons would be available for all classes.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Added:

    Regarding infantry: I suggest, to avoid any OP Star Card situations (Sentry, Vanguard etc..) you would be able to choose between all 4 classes, but all 4 classes have the same Star Card hand:
    • Thermal Detonator
    • The Repulsing CA-87
    • Dioxis Launcher

    All main weapons would be available for all classes.

    Great idea. Now we need to keep bumping this thread :smiley:
  • Imho 6v6 or 8v8 Hero Deathmatch with tickets would be a much better gamemode.

    Also, playing so much as Infantry already, please don't change their abilities for another gamemode like imho.
  • Imho 6v6 or 8v8 Hero Deathmatch with tickets would be a much better gamemode.

    Also, playing so much as Infantry already, please don't change their abilities for another gamemode like imho.

    Edit: The reason why I play less HvV 2017 is simply credits payout. To place top seems so random. Everybody has like 20 Eliminations, but that coukd mean #1 or #4. So credits payout can be low. 50%or more more Credits and I'll be playing it all Day long.
  • I didn't mind the old troopers vs hero, until Leia would just turtle up or Luke would run around the map or Boba Fett would hide in a tree top.
  • Space HvV would also be fun. I suck at getting points in SA, so a hero ship mode would be amazing! :smile:
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • FireWall wrote: »
    This is a really cool blend between the old and the new. We always heard that playing as infantry was the worst part of the old mode, so that was something we removed in this one. You want that back?

    Uh , no , the old HvV wasnt really HvV it was more like a round robin or a game of smear the **** and personally I didnt like it all to much , i like this version much better because it is actually HvV... also only the good players will get to play as the hero .... if you are going to implement this idea then do it as a separate game mode and leave the HvV for BF2 alone ............ some people actually do enjoy this game just the way it is.

    It's obvious you didn't read the concept. We're talking about a separate game mode from the current HvV with 12 players total. It'd be 6 heroes versus 6 villains, because there's only 12 free heroes. You start off as a hero and if you die you become infantry. First team to lose all of its heroes loses. It's basically BF15 HvV. I've spoken to people about this and most prefer BF15 HvV. The problem with the old one was that you'd only start as a hero about half of the time. This version fixes that. The new HvV doesn't hold my attention very long and doesn't give you a feeling of importance. I'm honestly fine with it being trashed completely. But there are a few who don't want that to happen so why can't we have both? BF15 HvV held my attention for up to 10 hours straight before. BF17 only held my attention for an hour at most. If BF15 HvV was implemented again I'd be so happy and would be glued to battlefront 2 constantly. I know there's many who agree with me.
  • Space HvV would also be fun. I suck at getting points in SA, so a hero ship mode would be amazing! :smile:

    That would definitely be cool as well. We should rename the Heroes vs Villains section on the menu to "hero game modes" and put hero hunt, BF15 HvV, new HvV, and starfighter HvV under it. That would be amazing, and it's not like it'd be hard to do.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Added:

    Regarding infantry: I suggest, to avoid any OP Star Card situations (Sentry, Vanguard etc..) you would be able to choose between all 4 classes, but all 4 classes have the same Star Card hand:
    • Thermal Detonator
    • The Repulsing CA-87
    • Dioxis Launcher

    All main weapons would be available for all classes.

    This
  • FireWall wrote: »
    Absolutely - the current mode is doing really well so no strong need to change it dramatically (we're working on improving the spawn system though). But we're always interested in bringing in new Hero experiences!

    I agree that taking infantry out was the best move. As for other "Hero Experiences", I know a large number of people who still play BF2015 for Hero Hunt. Sure, it's not the most popular game mode among the community as a whole but it has a very dedicated fan base - myself included. I'd love to see some sort of similar experience in BF2. Perhaps heroes with double health in order to combat how deadly vanguard and the likes can be even with 1v1 or 2v1 situations. Having say an 8-man lobby versus standard heroes might be tough.

    My biggest complaint about BF2 as a whole is lack of varied game modes. Things like Jetpack Cargo (so fun!) and a Hero Hunt type mode help add more experiences for those tired of GAssault or Strike.
  • Space HvV would also be fun. I suck at getting points in SA, so a hero ship mode would be amazing! :smile:

    Lol it could be cool. Would def help with some of the milestones for hero ships. Try knocking out a few turrets right off the bat. The objective ships with turrets are a bonus also, turret kills while also taking objective.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I like it. Never played much of HvV in the first game but I do find the current iteration tedious and yup, I'm a button mashing player mainly cos I don't see much strategy in it other than charge and mash when you think you can wipe out at least one of the opponents. Only play it now when there's a daily to do tbqh.

    +1 to a Space HvV too - I love the hero ships but get to spend so little time in them - probably why I love em as I'm yet to reach the saturation point where familiarity breeds contempt like I have in the other game modes.
  • Some want HvS with infantry, what's next hero, vehicle tokens instead of battle points?
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    HvV is so much better in Battlefront II (2017)
    Nope, you are wrong, this version is so boring compared to bf15 version

    No you are wrong. In BF2 I can finally play a Hero and dont have to go afk every 2nd round.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe For HvV Give more HP, lower CDs, ect. But make it one life Only per round, maybe as team mates die they spectate and you gain overshield, extra traits, etc. Mode could definitely be improved, not as intense as last time time, but overall I like keeping infantry out.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    HvV is so much better in Battlefront II (2017)
    Nope, you are wrong, this version is so boring compared to bf15 version

    BF1 HvV was boring btw
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • unit900000 wrote: »
    so did the dev just basically confirm infantry was not in this HvV cause the lame **** sucked as a trooper so they cried about it? really hate some of you people way to remove some of the strategy such brain dead *****.

    sorry to be so blunt and rude about it but you people are why this version isn't as good as the old one yall basically dumbed down my fav mode cause your not good enough to play as infantry what a darn sad shame.

    Also what is worth pointing and it's utterly sad that only hero mode wasn't designed with HvV players in mind.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    so did the dev just basically confirm infantry was not in this HvV cause the lame **** sucked as a trooper so they cried about it? really hate some of you people way to remove some of the strategy such brain dead *****.

    sorry to be so blunt and rude about it but you people are why this version isn't as good as the old one yall basically dumbed down my fav mode cause your not good enough to play as infantry what a darn sad shame.

    Battlefront 2015 is still pretty much alive so you can play your fav mode if you don't like the new one.
  • I agree with this 100%, infantries never bothered me AFTER I died as a Hero. So everyone should start as a Hero but respawn as an infantry after defeated. It's a good punishment and makes you more careful when playing a Hero. Also the little ones protecting the Bosses was always a fun idea for a game mode.
    So I support you.
    Cassian said I had to.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Peepzilla
    951 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    HvV is so much better in Battlefront II (2017). The worst part in the 2015 version was that you was forced to play as infantry. This kept me away from playing the mode. Please don't add infantry. If I play Heroes vs Villains then I wanna play a hero or villain and not a normal trooper. I can play normal troops in GA.

    Obviously a large amount of people disagree with you, most are longtime HvV players such as myself who currently don't play this game nearly as often as we would if that version was added.

    Not one person here suggested removing the current button-mash fest, so don't know why you're even defending the mode. If you read the OP you'd know that this is a suggestion to ADD not to CHANGE.

    If anyone's concern is cutting the playerbase.. ONE more heroes option won't do that. Especially when you consider adding a HvV mode similar to SWBF1 will be bringing back droves of players who aren't usually on the game.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    HvV is so much better in Battlefront II (2017). The worst part in the 2015 version was that you was forced to play as infantry. This kept me away from playing the mode. Please don't add infantry. If I play Heroes vs Villains then I wanna play a hero or villain and not a normal trooper. I can play normal troops in GA.

    Obviously a large amount of people disagree with you, most are longtime HvV players such as myself who currently don't play this game nearly as often as we would if that version was added.

    Not one person here suggested removing the current button-mash fest, so don't know why you're even defending the mode. If you read the OP you'd know that this is a suggestion to ADD not to CHANGE.

    If anyone's concern is cutting the playerbase.. ONE more heroes option won't do that. Especially when you consider adding a HvV mode similar to SWBF1 will be bringing back droves of players who aren't usually on the game.

    Exactly. I swear people on these forums are brain dead
  • Hero playerbase was also divided in BF1- Hero Hunt, HvV, Outer Rim, WA/DLCs
  • unit900000
    3468 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    HvV is so much better in Battlefront II (2017). The worst part in the 2015 version was that you was forced to play as infantry. This kept me away from playing the mode. Please don't add infantry. If I play Heroes vs Villains then I wanna play a hero or villain and not a normal trooper. I can play normal troops in GA.



    If anyone's concern is cutting the playerbase.. ONE more heroes option won't do that. Especially when you consider adding a HvV mode similar to SWBF1 will be bringing back droves of players who aren't usually on the game.

    worrying about the player base being lowered is pure stupidity I dont understand why some would think adding a 2nd hero mode would hurt the player base when bf1 had a 2nd hero mode in the form of hero hunt and you could find games for both modes all the time even with hero hunt being complete trash.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out

    Yeah that is true, heroes can be easier to kill. I've done it multiple times, more so than the last game which has been out for 2 years.
    But I'm not going into a Hero mode to play as a soldier, I go in to play as a hero & that's it.

    Soldiers vs Heroes should be something for Hero Hunt & Walker assault type modes like GA or supremacy.

    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV. One of the few things it did right.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out

    Yeah that is true, heroes can be easier to kill. I've done it multiple times, more so than the last game which has been out for 2 years.
    But I'm not going into a Hero mode to play as a soldier, I go in to play as a hero & that's it.

    Soldiers vs Heroes should be something for Hero Hunt & Walker assault type modes like GA or supremacy.

    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV. One of the few things it did right.

    100% agree with you.
  • A_C0NFU53D_SH03
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out

    Yeah that is true, heroes can be easier to kill. I've done it multiple times, more so than the last game which has been out for 2 years.
    But I'm not going into a Hero mode to play as a soldier, I go in to play as a hero & that's it.

    Soldiers vs Heroes should be something for Hero Hunt & Walker assault type modes like GA or supremacy.

    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV. One of the few things it did right.

    Well having heroes respawn as infantry upon death would be the right thing to do if they did an elimination style. The problem with the last one was only half of the players spawned as heroes. In this version were hoping they'd make it where everyone starts off as a hero each round. Being infantry after death would give players something to do so they just don't watch the rest of the time.
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out

    Yeah that is true, heroes can be easier to kill. I've done it multiple times, more so than the last game which has been out for 2 years.
    But I'm not going into a Hero mode to play as a soldier, I go in to play as a hero & that's it.

    Soldiers vs Heroes should be something for Hero Hunt & Walker assault type modes like GA or supremacy.

    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV. One of the few things it did right.

    Well having heroes respawn as infantry upon death would be the right thing to do if they did an elimination style. The problem with the last one was only half of the players spawned as heroes. In this version were hoping they'd make it where everyone starts off as a hero each round. Being infantry after death would give players something to do so they just don't watch the rest of the time.

    I see what you mean, staying at the menu spectating your team isn't really that engaging. So they went with the next best option to add in Infantry into the mix, I get it.
    But if they add in infantry into the mode, they should be directed into an entirely different portion of the map that doesn't interfere with the Heroes brawling it out like they should.

    I relish the hero combat in both Battlefront games, I take great pride and satisfaction when encountering other heroes and look forward to the fact that I will engage in a fight with iconic characters the way I planned.

    Infantry disrupting my fun isn't something I ever wanted to happen in 2015 HvV, or looked forward to in any way.
    It's one of the reasons everyone was so excited for Hero Blast back then, because people went into HvV to play as the heroes, but couldn't due to the infantry thing.
    Hero blast allowed only for Hero skirmishes to take place, and that's all really everyone came into HvV for, the hero combat.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out
    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV.

    Which is why this version is so boring and no where near as popular as bf15 version

    The reason I personally find this new HvV to not be as compelling as the round based HvV back in the last game, is because
    1. There aren't enough players on both sides to make this mode become what its trying to be, Hero blast. (Shouldve been 7v7)

    2. The target system is just lame. And makes the game either go by a lot quicker or it makes the game last forever due to players constantly running around avoiding death.
    Compared to the moderately lasting HvV in the last game. It reached a perfect balance in the time it takes to start and end a round / the match.

    3. The horrible spawns that take you exactly where you don't want to be.

    4. There isn't any strategy or weight to the conflict. Being a hero MEANT something in the last game.

    5. The time limit from the last games HvV created a sense of urgency in the round, you only had like 3 minutes so you had to figure out a game plan and try to win the round before its over. In this one it completely relies on the Target to act as a sort of time limit. Which I already expressed my frustrations with.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out
    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV.

    Which is why this version is so boring and no where near as popular as bf15 version

    The reason I personally find this new HvV to not be as compelling as the round based HvV back in the last game, is because
    1. There aren't enough players on both sides to make this mode become what its trying to be, Hero blast. (Shouldve been 7v7)

    2. The target system is just lame. And makes the game either go by a lot quicker or it makes the game last forever due to players constantly running around avoiding death.
    Compared to the moderately lasting HvV in the last game. It reached a perfect balance in the time it takes to start and end a round / the match.

    3. The horrible spawns that take you exactly where you don't want to be.

    4. There isn't any strategy or weight to the conflict. Being a hero MEANT something in the last game.

    5. The time limit from the last games HvV created a sense of urgency in the round, you only had like 3 minutes so you had to figure out a game plan and try to win the round before its over. In this one it completely relies on the Target to act as a sort of time limit. Which I already expressed my frustrations with.

    Agreed which is why changing the format was a terrible decision that the majority didn’t want anyway
  • Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out
    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV.

    Which is why this version is so boring and no where near as popular as bf15 version

    The reason I personally find this new HvV to not be as compelling as the round based HvV back in the last game, is because
    1. There aren't enough players on both sides to make this mode become what its trying to be, Hero blast. (Shouldve been 7v7)

    2. The target system is just lame. And makes the game either go by a lot quicker or it makes the game last forever due to players constantly running around avoiding death.
    Compared to the moderately lasting HvV in the last game. It reached a perfect balance in the time it takes to start and end a round / the match.

    3. The horrible spawns that take you exactly where you don't want to be.

    4. There isn't any strategy or weight to the conflict. Being a hero MEANT something in the last game.

    5. The time limit from the last games HvV created a sense of urgency in the round, you only had like 3 minutes so you had to figure out a game plan and try to win the round before its over. In this one it completely relies on the Target to act as a sort of time limit. Which I already expressed my frustrations with.

    Well said.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Elusive_DJ wrote: »
    I would LOVE if the old HvV came back for this game.
    I even made a thread detailing a concept for 2015 HvV to be brought back for this new game, just because of all the fun times that everyone had with the mode.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97405/og-heroes-vs-villains-needs-to-return#latest

    The only thing I really have an issue with in your concept is the whole Playing as infantry thing.
    Playing as a soldier with a bunch of enemy heroes running around was not fun at all for me in the last game.
    I ONLY played it to be a hero, NOT to be a soldier. Being fodder for the enemy team to just stomp over just isn't fun.
    I enjoyed playing as a solider as much as a hero, if your decent at the game killing hero’s isn’t that difficult, especially on this version as they are so much easier to take out
    Heroes vs Villains is just for the heroes, even the Dev's recognized that fact & didn't add infantry into this new iteration of HvV.

    Which is why this version is so boring and no where near as popular as bf15 version

    The reason I personally find this new HvV to not be as compelling as the round based HvV back in the last game, is because
    1. There aren't enough players on both sides to make this mode become what its trying to be, Hero blast. (Shouldve been 7v7)

    2. The target system is just lame. And makes the game either go by a lot quicker or it makes the game last forever due to players constantly running around avoiding death.
    Compared to the moderately lasting HvV in the last game. It reached a perfect balance in the time it takes to start and end a round / the match.

    3. The horrible spawns that take you exactly where you don't want to be.

    4. There isn't any strategy or weight to the conflict. Being a hero MEANT something in the last game.

    5. The time limit from the last games HvV created a sense of urgency in the round, you only had like 3 minutes so you had to figure out a game plan and try to win the round before its over. In this one it completely relies on the Target to act as a sort of time limit. Which I already expressed my frustrations with.

    Agreed which is why changing the format was a terrible decision that the majority didn’t want anyway

    If this mode was going to work like it does right now, then it should've been Hero Blast right from the start.
    7v7 All hero gameplay, team death match kill meter which has the first to 50 kills win.
    Everyone I know wanted this.
    But instead they gave us this wannabe Hero Blast mode that barely reaches the last games round based excitement.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation. Adding "(New Mode)" to the title.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of misinterpretation. Adding "(New Mode)" to the title.

    I was actually fully aware that you were proposing a new mode.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!