criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

New Mode Idea: Heroes vs. Environment

Han_Spinel
1102 posts Member
edited March 2018
As many others have already suggested, I hope we get prequel-era Obi-Wan & Anakin Skywalker. I think it would be awesome to showcase the new heroes with a HvE game mode, where you pair up with friend and face off against various monsters or a throng of evil forces. It could be similar to Galactic Assalult in that there are multiple phases to pass through for completion of the mission.

Additionally, I’d love to also see a Bounty Hunter’s mission, Boba and Bossk off to collect a bounty in a similar manner.

Personally, I think these types of game modes would surge interest in the game as well as contribute to the value of the heroes/villains, and promote team-work objective-style play.

Let me know what y’all think!?
In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
Youtube: Han Spinel
Twitter: @Han_Spinel
The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion

Replies

• Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Would add variety. I'm all for it
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Han_Spinel
    1102 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    Would add variety. I'm all for it

You could do this for SFA, as well! How fun to fly around as Obi-Wan and Anakin taking down some separatists together.
    In 1977, a single shot rang out at the Cantina.... No first, no second. Han shot - end of statement.

PSN: Han_Spinel
    Youtube: Han Spinel
    Twitter: @Han_Spinel
    The Unofficial Star Wars Battlefront Campaign Companion
  • OGPOTUS
    650 posts Member
    This would be especially awesome for local co-op. I have an old friend who comes to visit often and we've already played the battle scenarios to death. Something different, that requires a lot of teamwork, would be great.

It would be neat if they added a versus version of this, too, where two teams of two race to complete several rounds of separate, conflicting objectives. Each round win contributes to some sort of bonus for a final round of 2v2. I would play that mode until the servers shut down.
  • ATE_ARMS
    317 posts Member
    I thought this was going to be about getting stuck in scenery
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Offline SA co-op missions would be great! One player could be Red Five, the other piloting the Falcon over Yavin 4 and blasting TIE/LN fighters away, Fighter Squadron style! Obi-Wan and Anakin vs Seppie starfighters is the dream.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Piscettios
    5119 posts Member
    What about a 4 or 5 on 1? One person plays as a Rancor/Wampa etc and the others work together to take it out.
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be about getting stuck in scenery

Haha me too.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • xcessiveforce
    195 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    How about a new mode called HEROES NEED TIME LIMITS. Yes I know good players earn them fast but the other 38 players around you also earn points. So while you camp out Walmart style all game the other folks get jacked out of a decent experience. They should not be forced to play the cheese build of the month to play a hero. It’s not about getting gus, it’s about understanding others are all earning points around you as well and may want to become a hero every now and again.
    Post edited by xcessiveforce on