criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

We must Praise the Devs when they fix Bugs, Endor Glitch is Fixed!

We oftenly complain about the bugs and glitches the devs can't or didn't fix yet, but there are those that they truly fix. Here is one such example. Endor Glitch was fixed on patch 1.1, we've been trying to see if they left something behind, but it seems now this is history. Take a look on how the Endor Glitch was done, and leave a thumbs up for the devs for fixing it!

Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Nope, you sing praises when the bugs aren’t there in the first place.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

So I guess we can sing praises for the thousands of potential bugs we've never seen...
  • Rogozhi wrote: »

So I guess we can sing praises for the thousands of potential bugs we've never seen...

Great answer!

I understand bugs shouldn't exist in the first place, but if we give them this recognition, maybe they'll give more attention to fixing other bugs/glitches? I hope so
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Well, at least they fixed it, with an overwhelming quantity of bugs they have to deal with, at least they fixed this one which could ruin a match of HvV, or even GA.
    Tired of BUGs?

• DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I'm sorry @Piscettios never have I ever heard of an AAA online-based game which hasn't had at least some fairly major bugs after its release. I imagine there'll be bugs with new content, be it maps, heroes or even game odes.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I'm sorry @Piscettios never have I ever heard of an AAA online-based game which hasn't had at least some fairly major bugs after its release. I imagine there'll be bugs with new content, be it maps, heroes or even game odes.

That's true, although I don't follow many AAA games, but with their tight schedules nowadays they can't make games like they did 10 or 20 years ago
    Tired of BUGs?

• Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    Rogozhi wrote: »

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

Games that aren’t riddled with bugs and glitches deserve recognition and praise. Fixing things that shouldn’t have existed in the first place, is just cleaning up your own mess.

Next time you go out to eat and they screw up your dinner twice, then serve you the wrong drink. Make sure you give a glowing review that they got it right the second or third time. Sing their praises so they are motivated to not send out incorrect orders next time.

I don't think that's comparable. Getting a meal for a few people is much simpler than creating mass volumes of code and getting it all to work together. When I used to program I remember exactly how hard it was to get things to work right the first time. It would be next to impossible to assure that in a program of this scale.
  • Well there is not a lot else to praise
  • Rogozhi wrote: »

Games that aren’t riddled with bugs and glitches deserve recognition and praise. Fixing things that shouldn’t have existed in the first place, is just cleaning up your own mess.

Next time you go out to eat and they screw up your dinner twice, then serve you the wrong drink. Make sure you give a glowing review that they got it right the second or third time. Sing their praises so they are motivated to not send out incorrect orders next time.

I don't think that's comparable. Getting a meal for a few people is much simpler than creating mass volumes of code and getting it all to work together. When I used to program I remember exactly how hard it was to get things to work right the first time. It would be next to impossible to assure that in a program of this scale.

That's true, and considering they use a platform which wasn't develope by themselves makes things even harder. Many people blamed SWTOR's failure for this, and with frostbite it's the same thing again.
    Well there is not a lot else to praise

That's unfortunately true
    Tired of BUGs?

• Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Your missing my point once again. Obviously it’s not a perfect comparison but my point still stands.

Fixing mistakes, many of which should never have existed in the first place, isn’t worthy of praise. Starting threads with the hope that it will motivate them to fix more is ridiculous.

That’s not how it works in any other facet of our lives, so why should it here. The reason threads like this exist is because expectation levels are severely low at this juncture.

Oh you fixed that? Good, now it’s up to par.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    They won’t get my praise until they fix:
    -All of the hiding glitches in HvV
    -Broken lightsaber block
    -Inability to use lightsaber block bug
    -Lightsaber stun
    -Numerous Vader Choke bugs
    -Invincible Lukes and Yodas
    -Frenzy
    -Boba's jetpack
    -Force powers that inexplicably don’t work sometimes
    -The DC-15
    -Hero dodge
    -A host of other things I can’t think of at the moment

Some new content also wouldn’t hurt.

I have to agree with most of those things, but at least we found something they fixed. I feel better for it.
    Starting threads with the hope that it will motivate them to fix more is ridiculous.

I think you're wrong, it's bringing attention to the matter that makes them move. If we stop complaining about stuff they won't fix them and will earn their money happily ever after. And being praised by something well done is always good to know. Mods send messages to the devs, I hope they send this one too.

If I were to post this same type of glitch in a map which hasn't been fixed yet, my thread will get locked or deleted, so I can only show those they fixed, and at least praise them for their work in these.
    Tired of BUGs?