criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Post Epic Lightsaber Duel Videos!

In this video, I was fighting the same Luke for almost an entire match and it ended in an epic duel, if you just want to see the end fight then skip to 2:29

Replies

• Aaaaand THIS is why Maul needs to be able to block with his saber.

Same goes for Yoda.

Exactly

• Back when roll was still super useful
    And AFK farming was still a thing
  • Nice video, cool duel and a text book example of how to use Maul. Well done BrushedBrass2, well done.
  • You did a good job, bit this is a horrible duel. Better duel than most I've seen, and quite a few that I've had, but nothing in this game constitutes as a Saber Duel, IMO.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • LxTC_HQ wrote: »
    Lol just spin attack everything. It didnt look much of a proper saber fight, More like Cat and Mouse

Excuse me, I think you may have missed the ICONIC™ music that I added to said spin attacks at the end. In the menu it describes Heroes Vs Villains as "recreating iconic duels", EA is a reputable company and wouldn't mislead customers, they are the creators of the breakthrough hit, "ALIENS : COLONIAL MARINES™".
  • @lerodemmy
    Great play as Rey! So it seems we are Main Rey users, nice to know. My Rey wears white, I like her hair style better with the white clothes.

Check out when I had to hold the entire enemy team for my team to fill up again:

Also, before patch 1.2, this is how someone should duel Kylo as Rey:
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Any chance of good duels died the day patch 1.2 dropped.
  • Piscettios
    6078 posts Member
    I’m seeing good game play with heroes...but epic duels are not possible with the trash melee system this game has.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Back when roll was still super useful
    And AFK farming was still a thing

Are you telling me there were 5 afk players on this match? 3 on your team and 2 in the other? I'd never stay in such a match lol
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    @lerodemmy
    Great play as Rey! So it seems we are Main Rey users, nice to know. My Rey wears white, I like her hair style better with the white clothes.
    Thank you. I watched some of your stuff. Well done. The 15 killstreak on Yavin was very nice! What cards are you using? Survivor, Focused Sight, Far Sight?

Here's a couple more from the good old days:

21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1396 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I've been using Focused Sight, Deep Mind and Opportunist with Rey for ages until they changed everything with patch 1.2. I think my best match of HvV yet with this setup was the one that I also got a 15 killstreak, and managed to stay alive as target for 6 minutes and a half:

But now that patch 1.2 is here, I'm changing my cards. Currently I'm using Resilient Dash, Survivor and Opportunist
    Tired of BUGs?

• The_Rookie
    3870 posts Member
    I've been using Focused Sight, Deep Mind and Opportunist with Rey for ages until they changed everything with patch 1.2. I think my best match of HvV yet with this setup was the one that I also got a 15 killstreak, and managed to stay alive as target for 6 minutes and a half:

But now that patch 1.2 is here, I'm changing my cards. Currently I'm using Resilient Dash, Survivor and Opportunist

That's very good. 4:47 was hilarious! So annoying to be electrified like that the whole match. Really sucks when it happens in GA.

I used Deep Mind, Damaging Strike and Opportunist for the longest time, but I've really been experimenting since 1.2. Resilient Dash is definitely a top three Rey card. I'd call it the best, or at least the most important. So I've been using that with Damaging Strike and Focused Sight. Given the current state of HvV, I'm thinking it might be wise to swap out Damaging Strike for Survivor.

I used to think Opportunist was a great card, but I don't really believe that anymore. I feel like it only helps you when they're Mind Tricked, and good players aren't easy to hit when Mind Tricked. If they're shocked, hitting them will knock them out of the stun, so it's not very beneficial in that situation.

I might as well post this because it's post-patch 1.2 and a 22 killstreak. Shout out to my boy @EventHorizionOH for his 27 killstreak with Chewie, and for staying alive for over 10 minutes as the target!

21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Rey vs Darth Maul and Boba

Yoda pre 1.2

Yoda Post 1.2

• Since BF2 can't have good duels, here's Jedi Academy instead!
  • Tommytj2310
    1503 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Since BF2 can't have good duels, here's Jedi Academy instead!

Base Jedi Academy duels -apart from the campaign- is trash.

• Since BF2 can't have good duels, here's Jedi Academy instead!

That looks aweful!
  • Aaaaand THIS is why Maul needs to be able to block with his saber.

Same goes for Yoda.

Wow, the video he posted was pretty good, well edited mostly. But I agree, maul needs a block big time, now he's basically no match for rey. Take off the stupid stun as well when blocked. Totally killed the flow of the duel, was mostly a game of cat and mouse like another user said.

This Is NOT how saber v saber combat should be. Its pathetic.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Take off the **** stun as well when blocked. Totally killed the flow of the duel

Yep, have you seen that video of Darth Vader VS Luke where there is no stun block? It looked so much better, take away the stun DICE!
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    That's very good. 4:47 was hilarious! So annoying to be electrified like that the whole match. Really sucks when it happens in GA.

I used Deep Mind, Damaging Strike and Opportunist for the longest time, but I've really been experimenting since 1.2. Resilient Dash is definitely a top three Rey card. I'd call it the best, or at least the most important. So I've been using that with Damaging Strike and Focused Sight. Given the current state of HvV, I'm thinking it might be wise to swap out Damaging Strike for Survivor.

I used to think Opportunist was a great card, but I don't really believe that anymore. I feel like it only helps you when they're Mind Tricked, and good players aren't easy to hit when Mind Tricked. If they're shocked, hitting them will knock them out of the stun, so it's not very beneficial in that situation.

I might as well post this because it's post-patch 1.2 and a 22 killstreak. Shout out to my boy @EventHorizionOH for his 27 killstreak with Chewie, and for staying alive for over 10 minutes as the target!

I saw that match on the other thread. Bobas love Yavin, and yet devs made Boba even quicker with his jetpack, so now it's really hard to catch him. About Opportunist, I'm always hitting enemies affected by Mind Trick. I use Mind Trick to attack, I rarely care to make the enemy confused, I'm more focused on getting that extra damage, and it seems to have a positive effect on my strategy, but it isn't like Vader's Rage ability.

About that moment in 4:47, check out RogueOneKenobi's video of the same match, there you have a better angle to see how far Vader was thrown by Solo's Detonite Charge (go to 8:40 to see Vader flying):

Tired of BUGs?

• Ok guys, back by no popular demand... another BrushedBrass2 EPIC™ ICONIC™ Duel video!!!!

Seriously watch it, it IS epic.
  • Lol yep "epic"
  • Lol yep "epic"
    Come on, that was pretty epic, especially for this game.
  • Lol yep "epic"

Nah, i gotta agree with him. Pretty bland. For this game, yeah, it was "epic". But otherwise, it was like watching two monkeys throwing themselves and their dung at each other.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Lol yep "epic"

Nah, i gotta agree with him. Pretty bland. For this game, yeah, it was "epic". But otherwise, it was like watching two monkeys throwing themselves and their dung at each other.

Yep, that was far from epic, but since patch 1.2 it was ok. Seeing as how patch 1.2 killed the skill in saber combat.
  • alunguy
    582 posts Member
    In this video, I was fighting the same Luke for almost an entire match and it ended in an epic duel, if you just want to see the end fight then skip to 2:29

Haha that duel was pretty awesome. Shows how great this game can be sometimes and the potential it has.
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yikes... He kill emoted you :grimace:
    alunguy wrote: »

Haha that duel was pretty awesome. Shows how great this game can be sometimes and the potential it has.

Look at my last duel as Yoda I think that is cool

• Yikes... He kill emoted you :grimace:
    alunguy wrote: »

Look at my last duel as Yoda I think that is cool

I won't rag on you, was a decent clip, but that was no saber duel. I expect way much more out of this game, This kinda exemplifies why maul and yoda need a block. If we got something like this in the prequel movies the fans would be in even more uproar than they were at the time.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lightsaber battles (one of the most quintessential parts of Star Wars) in this game are just jump and spam attack fests.. Nothing more, the fact maul can't block is completely stupid,if creating a system in which holds no feeling or actual enjoyment focused around sabers is what they were shooting for they absolutely nailed it.
  • Not saber VS saber but still quite epic... Yoda V Palpatine
  • Back by absolutely no public demand whatsoever.... it's another "EPIC™" lightsaber battle!!!

Luke VS Vader on GA. As always, watch WITH SOUND ON!