criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

why do you like the new trilogy?

1246

Replies

  • RedWolf72ps4
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Saber91 wrote: »
    the fact you use the far right wing term SJW, i'm not going to dignify you with a reasoned response.....no matter what i say it wont be white Anglo-saxin male enough for you lol

    run along to your safe space little one. suck your thumb and rock back and forth.

    lol nice one
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I have a theory that Vice Admiral Holdo's synthetic wig actually survived the explosion and that Maz will pass it on in the next trilogy.

    She seems to magically recieve important plot devices. I could see this

    PLOT TWIST
    Maz doesnt actually have Luke’s lightsaber from Ep 5. She actually has anakin’s lightsaber from Ep 2 that he lost in the geonosis factory.
    Besides, Maz looks like the kinda creature to crawl out from the depths of Geonosis and run a cantina

    DUDE. I like this. More of an explanation than we'll ever get from these hacks
  • the fact you use the far right wing term SJW, i'm not going to dignify you with a reasoned response.....no matter what i say it wont be white Anglo-saxin male enough for you lol

    Hard left extremist confirmed, dog whistle racism and sexism implying there is something wrong with "Anglo-saxin males"
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    the fact you use the far right wing term SJW, i'm not going to dignify you with a reasoned response.....no matter what i say it wont be white Anglo-saxin male enough for you lol

    Hard left extremist confirmed, dog whistle racism and sexism implying there is something wrong with "Anglo-saxin males"

    there was bound to be at least one that would crawl out of the woodwork in a thread such as this.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    ...watching Last Jedi for the 2nd time tonight on the SBS VR headset via the iPhone B)

    I'm a little conflicted on this film. I went to the first showing on Thursday night, walked out like whaaaa? But I know that I did shed a tear in the movie when Luke & Leia reunited ...and I did a fist pump when Rey was gunning the Falcon's turret..(guilty - love the Falcon, I love Chewbacca, I love Rey).

    Wish me luck, hopefully more viewings improve my impressions on the film...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...


  • RedWolf72ps4
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Saber91 wrote: »
    the fact you use the far right wing term SJW, i'm not going to dignify you with a reasoned response.....no matter what i say it wont be white Anglo-saxin male enough for you lol

    Hard left extremist confirmed, dog whistle racism and sexism implying there is something wrong with "Anglo-saxin males"

    there was bound to be at least one that would crawl out of the woodwork in a thread such as this.

    So tell me, what do you mean by SJW? Female lead character? Black primary support character? It's the first one you listed, so it's up there on the top of your mind. You can say it, don't need to use a replacement term to hide behind lol.

    The ST, Force Awakens was a soft reboot, to take the hate of the prequel trilogy away form the franchise (they're the lowest rated of the franchise, minus EP 3, which just barley is beating out EP 9). It did a good job in that, it summarized the original trilogy, which can be slow to newer audiences who are use to fast cuts (around every 10-20 seconds) where the original trilogy had longer scenes with out cutting or camera movement. These longer scenes lose audiences attention quickly. It also didn't focus heavily on CGI like the prequel trilogy did, meaning it can hold up longer, which is why the original trilogy still holds up visually today (practical effects).

    The story was fast paced, like movies are in 2016 and now and introduced new characters. We get a light Rey back story, and I don't personally need to know every little thing about every character to like them, leave it up the imagination, much like Vader turning to the dark side before the prequels, which took something away from the character. Finn's story helps as well to give a face to the First Order, to show that they aren't all hard core believers, but kid napped children raised to fight, basically child soldiers.

    The action was fun, and the pacing was good, it was an overall well made movie. You may have some issues about a soft reboot, but that's you're own hang ups and expectations.

    Solo went out well, he's a father who cared for his son and would do anything for him, even die. Why Kylo turned is explained in the new movie, not sure if you saw it......and for Rey's powers thats explained as well. The force must be balanced, equal light and equal dark. Sidious was the most powerful because he was 1 of 2 while the Jedi were many. The dark side only had 2 to split the power between, while the Jedi had an armies worth, making the Sith more powerful per individual user. In the new Triliogy, Luke has disconnected himself from the force, pushing all the power into Rey and Leia, the dark is split between Snoke, Kylo and where ever the Knights of Ren are. More darkside user pulling from it, the less power per person.

    Rey being no ones daughter or family member that we know is also important, the stories are suppose to echo, who else wasn't related to a Jedi but still strong with the force?

    While the Last Jedi has it's flaws, its better than episode 1 and 2, I would even argue 3 since the CGI in the prequels is really just bad and distracting, while the acting and script improved in episode 3, episode 1 and 2 where just plain awful.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    Saber91 wrote: »
    the fact you use the far right wing term SJW, i'm not going to dignify you with a reasoned response.....no matter what i say it wont be white Anglo-saxin male enough for you lol

    Hard left extremist confirmed, dog whistle racism and sexism implying there is something wrong with "Anglo-saxin males"

    there was bound to be at least one that would crawl out of the woodwork in a thread such as this.

    So tell me, what do you mean by SJW? Female lead character? Black primary support character? It's the first one you listed, so it's up there on the top of your mind. You can say it, don't need to use a replacement term to hide behind lol.

    The ST, Force Awakens was a soft reboot, to take the hate of the prequel trilogy away form the franchise (they're the lowest rated of the franchise, minus EP 3, which just barley is beating out EP 9). It did a good job in that, it summarized the original trilogy, which can be slow to newer audiences who are use to fast cuts (around every 10-20 seconds) where the original trilogy had longer scenes with out cutting or camera movement. These longer scenes lose audiences attention quickly. It also didn't focus heavily on CGI like the prequel trilogy did, meaning it can hold up longer, which is why the original trilogy still holds up visually today (practical effects).

    The story was fast paced, like movies are in 2016 and now and introduced new characters. We get a light Rey back story, and I don't personally need to know every little thing about every character to like them, leave it up the imagination, much like Vader turning to the dark side before the prequels, which took something away from the character. Finn's story helps as well to give a face to the First Order, to show that they aren't all hard core believers, but kid napped children raised to fight, basically child soldiers.

    The action was fun, and the pacing was good, it was an overall well made movie. You may have some issues about a soft reboot, but that's you're own hang ups and expectations.

    Solo went out well, he's a father who cared for his son and would do anything for him, even die. Why Kylo turned is explained in the new movie, not sure if you saw it......and for Rey's powers thats explained as well. The force must be balanced, equal light and equal dark. Sidious was the most powerful because he was 1 of 2 while the Jedi were many. The dark side only had 2 to split the power between, while the Jedi had an armies worth, making the Sith more powerful per individual user. In the new Triliogy, Luke has disconnected himself from the force, pushing all the power into Rey and Leia, the dark is split between Snoke, Kylo and where ever the Knights of Ren are. More darkside user pulling from it, the less power per person.

    Rey being no ones daughter or family member that we know is also important, the stories are suppose to echo, who else wasn't related to a Jedi but still strong with the force?

    While the Last Jedi has it's flaws, its better than episode 1 and 2, I would even argue 3 since the CGI in the prequels is really just bad and distracting, while the acting and script improved in episode 3, episode 1 and 2 where just plain awful.

    The fact that strong female leads are being shoved down our throats. I.E Jyn Erso taking out several storm troopers at once despite being small. The lame over hyped character of Captain Phasma. Rey(mary sue). The fact that all the white men are villains. In TLJ you have Admiral Female Empowerment aka Holdo who completely disregards every sensible thing Poe dameron says. And she has Leia space Poppins backing her up. Need I go on? It's obvious SJW crap and it's bad writing.
  • RedWolf72ps4
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The fact that strong female leads are being shoved down our throats. I.E Jyn Erso taking out several storm troopers at once despite being small. The lame over hyped character of Captain Phasma. Rey(mary sue). The fact that all the white men are villains. In TLJ you have Admiral Female Empowerment aka Holdo who completely disregards every sensible thing Poe dameron says. And she has Leia space Poppins backing her up. Need I go on? It's obvious SJW **** and it's bad writing.

    see is it so hard to say you have a problem with a strong female?

    Poe's not a vilian and a white male for you. His idea was also outside his lane and he learned from it, which is character development.

    Are the new movies perfect? no, but my complaints are no where near centered around casting choices lol.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    im not here to chastise you. im not here to say youre wrong. we all have opinions.

    BUT

    i am genuinely curious why those of you who like the new trilogy disney star wars movies like them.

    in my opinion theyre blatant cash grabs with horrible character development/interaction/and plot. they ruined luke skywalkers character. have an obvious SJW theme going on. the fact that rey doesnt have any relation to anyone who matters is ridiculous and a let down. the fact that han solo and leia managed to screw up their force sensitive son so bad that he turned sith. the fact that han solo died in the crappiest dramatic way possible (he should have gone out in a blaze of glory in the millenium falcon)..... need i go on? theres so many more things wrong with these films.

    i just dont understand how anyone can actually enjoy these films and call them worthy of the Star Wars license.

    The new trilogy is cheesy. It's directed as if it's making itself campy and almost makes fun of itself. Totally different from the original movies. Oh wait, no, that's exactly what makes the originals so unique and satisfying.

    So another words, the original trilogy is too good to be bested by anything to come and to try to best the original trilogy is almost disrespectful in it's own right.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    The fact that strong female leads are being shoved down our throats. I.E Jyn Erso taking out several storm troopers at once despite being small. The lame over hyped character of Captain Phasma. Rey(mary sue). The fact that all the white men are villains. In TLJ you have Admiral Female Empowerment aka Holdo who completely disregards every sensible thing Poe dameron says. And she has Leia space Poppins backing her up. Need I go on? It's obvious SJW **** and it's bad writing.

    see is it so hard to say you have a problem with a strong female?

    Poe's not a vilian and a white male for you. His idea was also outside his lane and he learned from it, which is character development.

    Are the new movies perfect? no, but my complaints are no where near centered around casting choices lol.


    my problem with strong female leads is that it is BLATANTLY obvious that theyre being pushed lately, and theyre overabundant in these star wars movies. its quite obvious theyre pandering to this SJW nonsense of "theres too many white men, there needs to be more kick-***** women". these are roles that would have better fit MEN. some roles are just better for men and some are better for women. the FACT is that MOST females would not be doing the things they do in these movies. you think its realistic that Jyn Erso can take out several stormtroopers at once with her 5'4 frame??? i mean she didnt even use a gun lmao. Reys character is beyond unbelievable. why would a girl whos from the middle of no where become what shes become throughout that films? and best kylo ren in lightsaber combat despite never training with one? it wouldnt happen. Captain Phasma is LITERALLY just a shiny piece of "look a tall big strong woman". Phasma does NOTHING of value throughout these films. she just stands there and tries to look bad *****. she even manages to get held hostage and put in a trash compactor in TFA. Second in command after Leia was unconscious should have been poe dameron, but WHADAYA know they gotta have another woman take her place.

    Also regarding Poe Dameron: the dude is not white. he's hispanic.


    i dont have a problem with a strong female character if its warranted. I.E. Domino, mystique from x-men, Starfire from Teen Titans, Harley Quinn. Asaj Ventress etc. but when theyre obviously shoved in a movie for the sake of just filling up some "powerful female figure" role, thats no good. and these last few star wars movies have done just that.

    women would NOT realistically be in these "tough" roles. you want your fantasy land where women have all the power and kick everyones ***** and submit to no one. its ridiculous. these roles are better meant for males. doesnt even have to be WHITE males. any males that LOOK like theyd be doing the things theyre doing.
    Post edited by Saber91 on
  • quenaelin
    1061 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    There are only two reasons I like these movies better than prequals.They have old actors from old movies, though their character roles aren't very good. Also main actors for Kylo and Rey are also better in their acting, though their roles aren't much better and movies story script isn't much better, it could be actually worse, tough I didn't like Anakin as wiseguy boy either in first prequel. I don't have problem with strong female characters as long as they are convincing, Rey isn't and Holdo isn't either. Why pink hair, it does't suit Holdo at all, black hair would be much better, why there have to be feminist protest inside this movie. Though there was also somekind of feminist braless protest in original Star Wars movie, even it does't show so much. Why there is always have to be protest inside Star Wars movies, they should not be protest movies. Then Rey is too much all knowing wisegirl who has no weaknesses at all and has force powers given as gift like in Marvel superhero. I tought force powers need to be teached to be more powerful even in Marvel characters there is this kind of learning process, but new movies are trashing this Star Wars canon or learning process in general and I don't like it. In every Star Wars game, force powers need to be leveled up to be even more powerful, but not in new movies, they are just gifted like some kind of miracle.
    Post edited by quenaelin on
  • RedWolf72ps4
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Saber91 wrote: »
    The fact that strong female leads are being shoved down our throats. I.E Jyn Erso taking out several storm troopers at once despite being small. The lame over hyped character of Captain Phasma. Rey(mary sue). The fact that all the white men are villains. In TLJ you have Admiral Female Empowerment aka Holdo who completely disregards every sensible thing Poe dameron says. And she has Leia space Poppins backing her up. Need I go on? It's obvious SJW **** and it's bad writing.

    see is it so hard to say you have a problem with a strong female?

    Poe's not a vilian and a white male for you. His idea was also outside his lane and he learned from it, which is character development.

    Are the new movies perfect? no, but my complaints are no where near centered around casting choices lol.


    my problem with strong female leads is that it is BLATANTLY obvious that theyre being pushed lately, and theyre overabundant in these star wars movies. its quite obvious theyre pandering to this SJW nonsense of "theres too many white men, there needs to be more kick-**** women". these are roles that would have better fit MEN. some roles are just better for men and some are better for women. the FACT is that MOST females would not be doing the things they do in these movies. you think its realistic that Jyn Erso can take out several stormtroopers at once with her 5'4 frame??? i mean she didnt even use a gun lmao. Reys character is beyond unbelievable. why would a girl whos from the middle of no where become what shes become throughout that films? and best kylo ren in lightsaber combat despite never training with one? it wouldnt happen. Captain Phasma is LITERALLY just a shiny piece of "look a tall big strong woman". Phasma does NOTHING of value throughout these films. she just stands there and tries to look bad ****. she even manages to get held hostage and put in a trash compactor in TFA. Second in command after Leia was unconscious should have been poe dameron, but WHADAYA know they gotta have another woman take her place.

    Also regarding Poe Dameron: the dude is not white. he's hispanic.


    i dont have a problem with a strong female character if its warranted. I.E. Domino, mystique from x-men, Starfire from Teen Titans, Harley Quinn. Asaj Ventress etc. but when theyre obviously shoved in a movie for the sake of just filling up some "powerful female figure" role, thats no good. and these last few star wars movies have done just that.

    women would NOT realistically be in these "tough" roles. you want your fantasy land where women have all the power and kick everyones **** and submit to no one. its ridiculous. these roles are better meant for males. doesnt even have to be WHITE males. any males that LOOK like theyd be doing the things theyre doing.

    Lol I just can’t with this...so many dumb things said right here.

    Let me summarize your argument:

    1) 3 of 10 movie in Star Wars is overabundant now.
    2) Strong self reliant characters have to be men
    3) you believe it’s a “FACT” most females wouldn’t do these things.....
    4) A female character from no where can’t become anything of any important
    5) you think Rey has apparently doesn’t know how to fight at all in force awakens.....
    6) you don’t understand how a military organization / chain of command works
    7)”women would NOT realistically be in these "tough" roles”

    I’m sorry man the problem here is you being stuck in a 50’s mindset and not the movies or the rest of society. Hence my initial point and post on this thread. Your wrong in every point here....

    1) 30% is not over abundant it’s not even half and you don’t have to watch them so it’s far from forced.
    2, 3 and 4) this is just dumb argument, I don’t even know where to Start, come to the current times, 2018....
    5). We are Rey fight with a staff right at the start of Force Awakens, she obviously knows how to fight, I’m willing to stretch that’s using a baseball bat essentially isn’t much different then what she’s use to. Also kylo is injured as well beforehand the fight, I know you think men don’t feel pain, lol
    6) Poe was demoted for not following orders, he’s no where near the top of the chain, he’s a character because of his proximity to to the main action. He also doesn’t need to know the plan in last Jedi because it doesn’t affect his job and it’s called OPSEC. Now he may be near the top but that because every ship captain is now dead and there’s like 40 of them left
    7) again, time to catch up with society there, this statement isn’t just dumb.
    Post edited by RedWolf72ps4 on
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Past Page:
    oHf3IgU.gif

    Sigh.

    Alright, here's my opinion. Redwolf is quite hilariously the same thing he claims to be "Against" I.E Anglo Saxons being bad is the same thing as replacing Anglo Saxons with *Insert Word* So I find that quite funny

    But @Saber91 You fool you let him win. All he had to do was act tough and in-control in his posts. All he had to do was get that under you're skin get you angry and mad. And "Prove" his point that all people who lean "Right" are angry and vindictive and prone to outbursts

    Never let anger take control of you. If you do then you give him the leverage, the defense, the sympathy, and everything. It's far easier to critique his points if you aren't angry as well

    He's already got you doing cartwheels as it is. My suggestion would be to get off for a few hours if he replies, In that time think about his posts on and off you'll be surprised what great counter arguments you can come up with if you have time
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Past Page:
    oHf3IgU.gif

    Sigh.

    Alright, here's my opinion. Redwolf is quite hilariously the same thing he claims to be "Against" I.E Anglo Saxons being bad is the same thing as replacing Anglo Saxons with *Insert Word* So I find that quite funny

    But @Saber91 You fool you let him win. All he had to do was act tough and in-control in his posts. All he had to do was get that under you're skin get you angry and mad. And "Prove" his point that all people who lean "Right" are angry and vindictive and prone to outbursts

    Never let anger take control of you. If you do then you give him the leverage, the defense, the sympathy, and everything. It's far easier to critique his points if you aren't angry as well

    He's already got you doing cartwheels as it is. My suggestion would be to get off for a few hours if he replies, In that time think about his posts on and off you'll be surprised what great counter arguments you can come up with if you have time

    I never said I'm against anglo-saxin males, that would just be weird since i'm a white 32 y/o male, nor do i think all conservative's think this way, that was a leap someone took early on since I pointed out on the far right uses the term SJW as a catch all for all things they disagree with.

    My phrasing was it wouldn't be white anglo-saxin male enough for him. Since when someone says SJW in relation to Star Wars they're referring to female leads and/or black storm troopers.
  • quenaelin
    1061 posts Member
    Forum somehow disappeared my previous long post when I was trying to edit it for correcting spelling, I wasn't suppose erase it completely, too bad I guess it was bugged somehow, my bad luck :|
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    I have a theory that Vice Admiral Holdo's synthetic wig actually survived the explosion and that Maz will pass it on in the next trilogy.

    She seems to magically recieve important plot devices. I could see this

    PLOT TWIST
    Maz doesnt actually have Luke’s lightsaber from Ep 5. She actually has anakin’s lightsaber from Ep 2 that he lost in the geonosis factory.
    Besides, Maz looks like the kinda creature to crawl out from the depths of Geonosis and run a cantina

    yeah but anakin broke his lightsaber in episode 2 and i doubt anyone outside of the jedi knows how to repair a lightsaber unless maz just pulls all the knowledge out of her orange heck
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    I had the same feeling about TLJ including SJW narratives and I'm definitely not far right. As I'm getting older and now that I have a family I'm definitely sliding right of center but I'm no racist nationalist. Just because some on the extreme right might agree with what I feel about the movie doesn't mean I agree with what they believe.

    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt. They are inherently white supremacist and sexist. That's one of the major themes of TLJ. Tearing down the old and rebuilding. They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.

    That's absolutely informed by their politics. Which is fine in a sense. A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.

    Poe is shown to be weak and stupid and anything masculine he does leads to disaster.

    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.

    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.

    There are lots of examples throughout the movie where they are writing the plot according to their politics.

    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt.
    Yep. The destruction of History and Identity and they don't even care. They don't care because "It's Bad! It's evil! it's a Stamp of oppression!
    They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.
    THEY DID?!

    You can't be serious

    They didn't actually do that it's impossible!
    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.
    It is hilarious that in the 30 Years since the Soviet Union dissolved Americans went from being against Communism to Colleges actually supporting it

    It's also ironic to see Rich People critique and condemn Capitalism, meanwhile they have made millions via Capitalism
    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.
    Ugh, don't even remind me
    A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.
    Indeed, take Gojira for example
    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
    I wouldn't know. I've stayed away from those films but GOTG, Ant-Man, and Thor because of 75% of the Marvel actors being completely disrespectful to Trump Supporters and people that lean towards the right by calling them the scum of the earth

    And being overall Dumb and forcing their politics down our throats

    A shame really that people have forgot the original intent of Cinema.
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt.
    Yep. The destruction of History and Identity and they don't even care. They don't care because "It's Bad! It's evil! it's a Stamp of oppression!
    They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.
    THEY DID?!

    You can't be serious

    They didn't actually do that it's impossible!
    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.
    It is hilarious that in the 30 Years since the Soviet Union dissolved Americans went from being against Communism to Colleges actually supporting it

    It's also ironic to see Rich People critique and condemn Capitalism, meanwhile they have made millions via Capitalism
    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.
    Ugh, don't even remind me
    A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.
    Indeed, take Gojira for example
    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
    I wouldn't know. I've stayed away from those films but GOTG, Ant-Man, and Thor because of 75% of the Marvel actors being completely disrespectful to Trump Supporters and people that lean towards the right by calling them the scum of the earth

    And being overall Dumb and forcing their politics down our throats

    A shame really that people have forgot the original intent of Cinema.

    Which was to entertain a story, for a few hours to go into another world. Different, but similar in a way. An escape for a few hours to another world, to forget about problems and project yourself into another world which you can relate. That’s what Cinema is to me at least.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png



  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    cool story bro, let's leave the politics in reddit, please
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt.
    Yep. The destruction of History and Identity and they don't even care. They don't care because "It's Bad! It's evil! it's a Stamp of oppression!
    They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.
    THEY DID?!

    You can't be serious

    They didn't actually do that it's impossible!
    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.
    It is hilarious that in the 30 Years since the Soviet Union dissolved Americans went from being against Communism to Colleges actually supporting it

    It's also ironic to see Rich People critique and condemn Capitalism, meanwhile they have made millions via Capitalism
    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.
    Ugh, don't even remind me
    A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.
    Indeed, take Gojira for example
    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
    I wouldn't know. I've stayed away from those films but GOTG, Ant-Man, and Thor because of 75% of the Marvel actors being completely disrespectful to Trump Supporters and people that lean towards the right by calling them the scum of the earth

    And being overall Dumb and forcing their politics down our throats

    A shame really that people have forgot the original intent of Cinema.

    Which was to entertain a story, for a few hours to go into another world. Different, but similar in a way. An escape for a few hours to another world, to forget about problems and project yourself into another world which you can relate. That’s what Cinema is to me at least.

    That and to unite people regardless of their Political Beliefs to go through a adventure to see a Sci-Fi World, Fantasy, adventure, Depiction of real events, Good Vs. Evil, etc

    To inspire the imagination

    Never to divide or serve as propaganda for one political group's beliefs

    Now film-makers can't seem to separate their politics from their creations

    Nor be respectful to those who do not share said beliefs
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • One question or maybe two - why is Palp, Yoda, Luke, Obi, Vader, etc. from all the previous movies concerned with emotion and anger being the path to the dark side?
    But when it comes to Rey, who is angry, among other unpleasant emotions, a lot, it doesn't matter, not important and no dark side - it's just Rey being Rey?
    The 'rules' from previous movies seem to have been tossed to the side for Ep 7 & 8 - discouraging.
    Read the forum title wrong - thought it said "Why 'would' you like the new trilogy?" - oops.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    One question or maybe two - why is Palp, Yoda, Luke, Obi, Vader, etc. from all the previous movies concerned with emotion and anger being the path to the dark side?
    But when it comes to Rey, who is angry, among other unpleasant emotions, a lot, it doesn't matter, not important and no dark side - it's just Rey being Rey?
    The 'rules' from previous movies seem to have been tossed to the side for Ep 7 & 8 - discouraging.
    Read the forum title wrong - thought it said "Why 'would' you like the new trilogy?" - oops.

    yeah every time they try to explain the force it just gets worse

    first it was the midichlorians in TFM, then the whills in TCW, then it was rey in TFA and now it's the wolves in rebels.
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I think there is a good explanation in the movies why Rey was able to defeat Kylo in TFA and be on par with him in TLJ as well without jedi training.

    When darkness rises, light rises aswell to counter it and vice versa. Both Snoke and Luke say this.There must always be a balance in the force.

    So basically when Kylo started to become strong so was Rey to counter the darkness. Rey had some previous training with melee weapons and Kylo was kinda out of balance when he was defeated the first time.

    But in The Last Jedi we see that both now are equal in strength when they were both force pulling Rey's lightsaber. The light side of the force awoke in Rey because the dark side awoke in Kylo. It's the eternal battle between light and dark.

    This pretty much explains why Rey is able to be on par with Kylo. But then rises the issue why Luke wasn't already strong without jedi training in the original trilogy. I think that Luke wasn't the opposite of Darth Vader like Rey is to Kylo. Luke wasn't the opposing light side of the force to counter Vader's dark side. It was Vader against Anakin. Vader was redeemed at the end. He was the balance all along just like the prophecy predicted.

    This Is the concept of the force and I think the new trilogy portrays this in a good way and that's what I like about it.

    Buuut there are things that I don't really like especially with the Last Jedi. The forced dumb humor, Rose character, Leia flying through space, the pointless main plot which is basically chasing though space for 2 and a half hours, Canto casino scene with the horses...

    Let's just see how JJ will end the trilogy and then we can discuss this more in detail :)

    I think its a terrible explanation. If thats the case, why did Luke need the training he received - surely he should have been on a par with Vader and Emperor from the off?

    Or the prequels - I understand that the Jedi Order was around at this point obviously and well outnumbered the Sith. But Anakin, as the chosen one, recieved years of training on Coruscant, but was still initially defeated by Dooku. How come he wasnt instantly as powerful as Sidious, or even Dooku or Maul?

    But now suddenly the force brings balance on its own and makes someone equally as powerful as their opposite without training? It just brings into question why it never happened in the first place.

    I don't know maybe it's different this time. Maybe the force this time chose two individuals to be equally in skill who knows i'm not the one doing the movies I just speculate things the only one who can answer are JJ and Ryan.

    Maybe Anakin wasn't supposed to defeat Doku or Palpatine at the beginning. Maybe he was supposed to destroy the jedi so he can lower their number cuz clearly they were the ones rulling the galaxy this time and the force was out of balance.

    And maybe Luke wasn't supposed to defeat the Emperor and wasn't gifted with that power to defeat him.

    Thing is the force has religious concept and you can't really explain it. It just happens.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • DarthJ
    6687 posts Member
    Kniphtee wrote: »
    One question or maybe two - why is Palp, Yoda, Luke, Obi, Vader, etc. from all the previous movies concerned with emotion and anger being the path to the dark side?
    But when it comes to Rey, who is angry, among other unpleasant emotions, a lot, it doesn't matter, not important and no dark side - it's just Rey being Rey?
    The 'rules' from previous movies seem to have been tossed to the side for Ep 7 & 8 - discouraging.
    Read the forum title wrong - thought it said "Why 'would' you like the new trilogy?" - oops.

    This, plus the whole 'Rey becomes more powerful as Kylo becomes more powerful' stuff. How come it didn't happen in that manner in the originals and the prequels?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • bfloo
    15816 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I think there is a good explanation in the movies why Rey was able to defeat Kylo in TFA and be on par with him in TLJ as well without jedi training.

    When darkness rises, light rises aswell to counter it and vice versa. Both Snoke and Luke say this.There must always be a balance in the force.

    So basically when Kylo started to become strong so was Rey to counter the darkness. Rey had some previous training with melee weapons and Kylo was kinda out of balance when he was defeated the first time.

    But in The Last Jedi we see that both now are equal in strength when they were both force pulling Rey's lightsaber. The light side of the force awoke in Rey because the dark side awoke in Kylo. It's the eternal battle between light and dark.

    This pretty much explains why Rey is able to be on par with Kylo. But then rises the issue why Luke wasn't already strong without jedi training in the original trilogy. I think that Luke wasn't the opposite of Darth Vader like Rey is to Kylo. Luke wasn't the opposing light side of the force to counter Vader's dark side. It was Vader against Anakin. Vader was redeemed at the end. He was the balance all along just like the prophecy predicted.

    This Is the concept of the force and I think the new trilogy portrays this in a good way and that's what I like about it.

    Buuut there are things that I don't really like especially with the Last Jedi. The forced dumb humor, Rose character, Leia flying through space, the pointless main plot which is basically chasing though space for 2 and a half hours, Canto casino scene with the horses...

    Let's just see how JJ will end the trilogy and then we can discuss this more in detail :)

    I think its a terrible explanation. If thats the case, why did Luke need the training he received - surely he should have been on a par with Vader and Emperor from the off?

    Or the prequels - I understand that the Jedi Order was around at this point obviously and well outnumbered the Sith. But Anakin, as the chosen one, recieved years of training on Coruscant, but was still initially defeated by Dooku. How come he wasnt instantly as powerful as Sidious, or even Dooku or Maul?

    But now suddenly the force brings balance on its own and makes someone equally as powerful as their opposite without training? It just brings into question why it never happened in the first place.

    I don't know maybe it's different this time. Maybe the force this time chose two individuals to be equally in skill who knows i'm not the one doing the movies I just speculate things the only one who can answer are JJ and Ryan.

    Maybe Anakin wasn't supposed to defeat Doku or Palpatine at the beginning. Maybe he was supposed to destroy the jedi so he can lower their number cuz clearly they were the ones rulling the galaxy this time and the force was out of balance.

    And maybe Luke wasn't supposed to defeat the Emperor and wasn't gifted with that power to defeat him.

    Thing is the force has religious concept and you can't really explain it. It just happens.

    Anakin and Luke losing early duels, failing tests, making bad decisions made them believable.

    Rey taking down crylo in TFA took away any credibility crylo had.

    They took out Snoke while they have no credible villain for Ep 9.

    We've seen Rey smash crylo before with nothing, now that she is getting stronger and has the Jedi texts to learn from, crylo has no shot.

    At least wondering how Luke and Ani would pull it off kept us interested in their trilogies.
    Ok, I was more interested in RotS to see how Palps pulled it off. I recommend reading the RotS and Darth Plaigus novels, the parts they left out make it all work better.

    Now the biggest thing people are talking about is reylo :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • NomiSunstrider
    3079 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I think there is a good explanation in the movies why Rey was able to defeat Kylo in TFA and be on par with him in TLJ as well without jedi training.

    When darkness rises, light rises aswell to counter it and vice versa. Both Snoke and Luke say this.There must always be a balance in the force.

    So basically when Kylo started to become strong so was Rey to counter the darkness. Rey had some previous training with melee weapons and Kylo was kinda out of balance when he was defeated the first time.

    But in The Last Jedi we see that both now are equal in strength when they were both force pulling Rey's lightsaber. The light side of the force awoke in Rey because the dark side awoke in Kylo. It's the eternal battle between light and dark.

    This pretty much explains why Rey is able to be on par with Kylo. But then rises the issue why Luke wasn't already strong without jedi training in the original trilogy. I think that Luke wasn't the opposite of Darth Vader like Rey is to Kylo. Luke wasn't the opposing light side of the force to counter Vader's dark side. It was Vader against Anakin. Vader was redeemed at the end. He was the balance all along just like the prophecy predicted.

    This Is the concept of the force and I think the new trilogy portrays this in a good way and that's what I like about it.

    Buuut there are things that I don't really like especially with the Last Jedi. The forced dumb humor, Rose character, Leia flying through space, the pointless main plot which is basically chasing though space for 2 and a half hours, Canto casino scene with the horses...

    Let's just see how JJ will end the trilogy and then we can discuss this more in detail :)

    I think its a terrible explanation. If thats the case, why did Luke need the training he received - surely he should have been on a par with Vader and Emperor from the off?

    Or the prequels - I understand that the Jedi Order was around at this point obviously and well outnumbered the Sith. But Anakin, as the chosen one, recieved years of training on Coruscant, but was still initially defeated by Dooku. How come he wasnt instantly as powerful as Sidious, or even Dooku or Maul?

    But now suddenly the force brings balance on its own and makes someone equally as powerful as their opposite without training? It just brings into question why it never happened in the first place.

    I don't know maybe it's different this time. Maybe the force this time chose two individuals to be equally in skill who knows i'm not the one doing the movies I just speculate things the only one who can answer are JJ and Ryan.

    Maybe Anakin wasn't supposed to defeat Doku or Palpatine at the beginning. Maybe he was supposed to destroy the jedi so he can lower their number cuz clearly they were the ones rulling the galaxy this time and the force was out of balance.

    And maybe Luke wasn't supposed to defeat the Emperor and wasn't gifted with that power to defeat him.

    Thing is the force has religious concept and you can't really explain it. It just happens.

    Anakin and Luke losing early duels, failing tests, making bad decisions made them believable.

    Rey taking down crylo in TFA took away any credibility crylo had.

    They took out Snoke while they have no credible villain for Ep 9.

    We've seen Rey smash crylo before with nothing, now that she is getting stronger and has the Jedi texts to learn from, crylo has no shot.

    At least wondering how Luke and Ani would pull it off kept us interested in their trilogies.
    Ok, I was more interested in RotS to see how Palps pulled it off. I recommend reading the RotS and Darth Plaigus novels, the parts they left out make it all work better.

    Now the biggest thing people are talking about is reylo :'(

    Oh no I don't want a romance between the two xD. Let them just destroy each other and get it over with. I literaly have no idea what path episode 9 will take after TLJ.

    I gave TLJ scores 3/10 on rotten tomatoes and imdb just because he butchered Luke's character and made Leia fly through space...


    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • bfloo
    15816 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I think there is a good explanation in the movies why Rey was able to defeat Kylo in TFA and be on par with him in TLJ as well without jedi training.

    When darkness rises, light rises aswell to counter it and vice versa. Both Snoke and Luke say this.There must always be a balance in the force.

    So basically when Kylo started to become strong so was Rey to counter the darkness. Rey had some previous training with melee weapons and Kylo was kinda out of balance when he was defeated the first time.

    But in The Last Jedi we see that both now are equal in strength when they were both force pulling Rey's lightsaber. The light side of the force awoke in Rey because the dark side awoke in Kylo. It's the eternal battle between light and dark.

    This pretty much explains why Rey is able to be on par with Kylo. But then rises the issue why Luke wasn't already strong without jedi training in the original trilogy. I think that Luke wasn't the opposite of Darth Vader like Rey is to Kylo. Luke wasn't the opposing light side of the force to counter Vader's dark side. It was Vader against Anakin. Vader was redeemed at the end. He was the balance all along just like the prophecy predicted.

    This Is the concept of the force and I think the new trilogy portrays this in a good way and that's what I like about it.

    Buuut there are things that I don't really like especially with the Last Jedi. The forced dumb humor, Rose character, Leia flying through space, the pointless main plot which is basically chasing though space for 2 and a half hours, Canto casino scene with the horses...

    Let's just see how JJ will end the trilogy and then we can discuss this more in detail :)

    I think its a terrible explanation. If thats the case, why did Luke need the training he received - surely he should have been on a par with Vader and Emperor from the off?

    Or the prequels - I understand that the Jedi Order was around at this point obviously and well outnumbered the Sith. But Anakin, as the chosen one, recieved years of training on Coruscant, but was still initially defeated by Dooku. How come he wasnt instantly as powerful as Sidious, or even Dooku or Maul?

    But now suddenly the force brings balance on its own and makes someone equally as powerful as their opposite without training? It just brings into question why it never happened in the first place.

    I don't know maybe it's different this time. Maybe the force this time chose two individuals to be equally in skill who knows i'm not the one doing the movies I just speculate things the only one who can answer are JJ and Ryan.

    Maybe Anakin wasn't supposed to defeat Doku or Palpatine at the beginning. Maybe he was supposed to destroy the jedi so he can lower their number cuz clearly they were the ones rulling the galaxy this time and the force was out of balance.

    And maybe Luke wasn't supposed to defeat the Emperor and wasn't gifted with that power to defeat him.

    Thing is the force has religious concept and you can't really explain it. It just happens.

    Anakin and Luke losing early duels, failing tests, making bad decisions made them believable.

    Rey taking down crylo in TFA took away any credibility crylo had.

    They took out Snoke while they have no credible villain for Ep 9.

    We've seen Rey smash crylo before with nothing, now that she is getting stronger and has the Jedi texts to learn from, crylo has no shot.

    At least wondering how Luke and Ani would pull it off kept us interested in their trilogies.
    Ok, I was more interested in RotS to see how Palps pulled it off. I recommend reading the RotS and Darth Plaigus novels, the parts they left out make it all work better.

    Now the biggest thing people are talking about is reylo :'(

    Oh no I don't want a romance between the two xD. Let them just destroy each other and get it over with. I literaly have no idea what path episode 9 will take after TLJ.


    The problem is rian left me nothing to care about.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    And where did this idea of the Force needing both the Light And Dark to be equal?

    Anger isn't balance Anger is chaotic, unfocused, Peace and serenity are balanced

    Sure you can go at it like using a Teeter-Totter example but ehh, whatever
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • OOM19 wrote: »
    And where did this idea of the Force needing both the Light And Dark to be equal?

    Anger isn't balance Anger is chaotic, unfocused, Peace and serenity are balanced

    Sure you can go at it like using a Teeter-Totter example but ehh, whatever

    The Mortis gods
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    And where did this idea of the Force needing both the Light And Dark to be equal?

    Anger isn't balance Anger is chaotic, unfocused, Peace and serenity are balanced

    Sure you can go at it like using a Teeter-Totter example but ehh, whatever

    The Mortis gods

    yeah but that felt forced, unnecessary and cringy. it felt like a 12 year old larping with greek gods or something like that
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • Holdo is Rey's mother.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • acc751 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    And where did this idea of the Force needing both the Light And Dark to be equal?

    Anger isn't balance Anger is chaotic, unfocused, Peace and serenity are balanced

    Sure you can go at it like using a Teeter-Totter example but ehh, whatever

    The Mortis gods

    yeah but that felt forced, unnecessary and cringy. it felt like a 12 year old larping with greek gods or something like that

    Well it's canon xD
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

  • RedWolf72ps4
    51 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Actually the Prequels aren't that far off once you adjust for inflation. That and the ST has a advantage what with the relatively recent explosion in profits over-seas for American cinema

    Primarily looking at reviews, like IMDb and rotten tomatoes for ratings. Increase GDP isn’t a good indicator to how many people saw it, doesn’t account for if people liked it. Just clarifying and on a phone so I’m sure auto correct will mess some of this wording up.

    Removing things I agree with as well for the most part most points brought up I’m with you on. The main issue I have here is whenever someone says they don’t like a movie because female lead or diverse cast as a primary’s reason.

    Finn's story helps as well to give a face to the First Order, to show that they aren't all hard core believers, but kid napped children raised to fight, basically child soldiers.
    True, but the movie completely fails to follow up on it entirely after Jakku village. In-fact Finn immediately starts shooting and blasting his former colleagues with no hesitation once they board the TIE-Fighter in the Hanger. Sure they were under attack and he had to defend himself but just a slight bit of hesitation and possible regret would have been nice

    Completely agree, would of been nice to have a look at the trama that’s would caused. That would of been a good layer to the character, but if done wrong, like the casino planet, would kill pacing.
    The Sequel Trilogy should have been about the fight to protect the Republic and Jedi Order I suppose a historical parallel you could find would be in the British Empire's policies towards the American Colonies after the French And Indian War, The Revolutionary War, and then the War Of 1812

    Instead, rather then advance the natural and direct bridge of the PT and OT. The ST Era decides to re-do the whole thing by destroying the Republic in one scene and the Jedi Order off-screen, but attempts to defend destroying the Republic in EU Material by saying it was terrible and worse then TPM's Republic

    All of which gives you a bad taste in you're mouth and makes you realize the ST Era is ultimately pointless and that nothing in the Universe has advanced. Heck, at the end of TLJ the First Order becomes the Empire and the Resistance the Rebels, thus removing the one slightly different aspect of the Era and utterly announcing that it's going to do the exact same thing AGAIN!
    .

    Yeah, they did a soft reboot, could of gone with a better story or plan, but is what it is. Lucas always said it’s like a poem, the stories need to rhyme, pretty sure that was the intent.
    No, no, no, not really no. She's somehow able to learn and use a Force Mind Trick despite never seeing it, utilize a Light-Saber effectively enough to combat Kylo Ren who even though he's supposed to be wounded should never have been beaten by her, Fly the Millennium Falcon just as competently if not more competently then trained FO Pilots
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star, Anakin isn’t able to destroy a command ship after only flying a pod racer. Luke Ian super accurate with a blaster when saving Leia and apparently a master spy. It’s not a leap from the other firstborn movies of main characters being able to do amazing things with no training.
    The Darth Bane novels are no longer canon nor is the Pantheon that influenced Jacen and Kyle Katarn

    Nothing also says the Force must be balanced equal Light And Dark that's Fan Theory
    both Luke and Snoke bring this up in TLJ. Snoke says as Kylo grows stronger, about her on the light rise as well. Luke brings it up when he trolls Rey’s with the twig.
    I'd argue Episode 1 and 2 are better for their ambition and influences they had on SFX and Film making since then

    At the very least they added to the lore rather then do a repeat

    The prequels has a good plan but the execution wasn’t lacking. Lucas went to far over the top, as he tends to do, sometimes it works, in the prequels it didn’t. The CGI was distracting and not a great choice when actual sets and extras could of been used.
    Actually, Poe's plan was perfectly sound and justified.

    Heck, if Poe didn't destroy the Dreadnaught when he did they would have all been destroyed either there or when they exited Hyper-Space and the FO Fleet found them

    By destroying the dreadnaught he lost the majority’s of he resistance and already limited resources. He als disobeyed orders. Was that the right plan, could be argued yes given the rest of the film, but the send Finn and Rose off (didn’t like that’s side quest, off set pacing) and taking over the ship was the wrong plan.
    He’s the flight commander, all the fighter s we’re destroyed whenever kylo flew in, so he didn’t know need to know the plan to escape, he didn’t have a role to play.

    Reason I'm annoyed with JJ is because for one of his movies he was angry and annoyed that a lot of the potential Actors were White and not Black. So he went through and hired only Black Actors for some character parts regardless of which actor was better for the role. and another reason I'm annoyed with the Alden Solo as he was picked simply because Steven knew him

    The casting in the ST is actually really good, don’t really find anyone lacking.

    bah accidently deleted the biology portion.
    Anyone with training can be an effective fighter. If it’s comes to handy to hand combat, technique and knowledgeable are going to “win” of size. I saw win because for the most part hand to handball in a combat situation is going to come down to who’s buddy’s shows up first.
    "That's like saying that because I'm good at boxing I'll be naturally good at Karate. Yes, my body will have stamina and strength built up but the techniques are different and on a totally different level. This is why most Boxers lose if they do Martial Arts and why most Martial Artists lose when they try and box. They may be similar but they are not applicable between each other

    Sith and Jedi training is on a way different scale then just fighting some random hill-billies in the Desert

    She basically became equal and arguably more skilled then a Dark Side user that had Jedi training, Dark Side Training, Master of a Dark Side Group, Skywalker, in the time span of One Week"

    The plot armor is strong with that one.

    I’m sorry man the problem here is you being stuck in a 50’s mindset and not the movies or the rest of society.
    -Implying people from the 50s were bad
    -Implying that the 50s mindset is necessarily bad
    -Implying that the Modern Age is necessarily better in all means and that prior History is always worse
    -Assuming that what I just said means I am the utmost extreme and think we have regressed, rather then necessarily advancing and that I want us to go back to the "Good Old Days" or whatever silliness
    -Thinking that I am weird for simply clarifying and going through all possible thought processes to ensure the most sufficient clarity
    -Thinking I'm actually not weird [/quote]

    The mindset in each generation Is to improve upon what’s was before them. The mindset from that’s time period, where males are always dominate has passed. While the 50’s were progressive from their previously generation, they’re not from the current generation.

    Much like 50 years from now even the most progressive in the current generation will be considered behind times when’s viewed in the future. That’s the way it goes, nothing against people having this mind set in the 50s but it’s out of place in today’s society.
    5). We are Rey fight with a stag right at the start of Force Awakens, she obviously knows how to fight,
    See above, this :)
    Even injured they never should have had her directly fighting him, until she receives the Hyphiney through the Force at the end of their fight. This would have made the fight much more engaging and interesting by cementing Kylo as the strong villain and Rey as the under-dog who has to use her Natural Dexterity trained from her climbing ships on Jakku to evade his attacks and do hit and run stuff

    Thus the moment where she receives power from the Force would have been naturally more satisfying and would have felt well with the message Yoda said about the Light-Side being stronger
    if I recall hewed hear obi wan at the turning point. Could of been done better, agree with ya there
    He's still a competent military Hero who led the attack on Star-Killer base and succeeded in destroying it and he was only demoted one level. And with the destruction of the bridge and the loss of almost all the High Tier leaders and officers. Poe would practically be Second In Command, even regardless of that having Holdo publicly disrespect and disregard Poe is not only terrible for Morale it really just makes no sense
    Holdonis introduced in the novels leading up, this is the only trait they seemed to keep with her. It was also to make the audience side with Poe. Again, could of been done better, but if you have someone known not to follow orders, you don’t always have time to walk them trough it.

    Also, I'm getting a little tired of you disrespecting History and those that came before you. the Modern Age isn't this necessarily perfect age nor where the people that came before you Darkened mole rats. No one that lived before you were just standard clones. The people of prior Eras were just like us with different personalities, ideas, philosophy, and so forth

    Addressed above.



  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    acc751 wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    And where did this idea of the Force needing both the Light And Dark to be equal?

    Anger isn't balance Anger is chaotic, unfocused, Peace and serenity are balanced

    Sure you can go at it like using a Teeter-Totter example but ehh, whatever

    The Mortis gods

    yeah but that felt forced, unnecessary and cringy. it felt like a 12 year old larping with greek gods or something like that

    Well it's canon xD

    5pxpcpvjdsav.png
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star
    It was mentioned in ANH that Luke had training and flown ships before especially in the scene with Han

    Han: Yeah, and who's gonna fly it Kid, you?
    Luke:Yeah, well I'm not such a bad pilot myself

    His friend the Moustache Rebel was a pilot himself so it stands to reason they flew a lot

    That and he only made it to the core of the Death Star because he had a lot of HELP and dozens of body shields, lol

    He was only able to get it in because Han flanked Vader and his TIE Squad and Obi-Wan guided him

    If not for those two he would have lost. Poe took down more TIE fighters in TFA then Luke shot down during the course of the trilogy come to think of it
    Luke Ian super accurate with a blaster when saving Leia and apparently a master spy.
    Luke: Oh that's easy I used to Bull'seye Wampa Rats back in my T-16 at home

    Stands to reason since they lived on a Desert Planet populated with Sand People and that they could afford Blasters Luke likely had a lot of training and practice with them

    He still missed numerous shots on the Storm-Troopers shooting down at them when they were stuck on that Death Star Bridge
    Anakin isn’t able to destroy a command ship after only flying a pod racer
    Yeah, that scene is still pretty silly. But hey at least it was by accident and he had R-2 assisting the controls. And at least he was a Race Car driver, so I guess that kinda helps

    I don't know
    By destroying the dreadnaught he lost the majority’s of he resistance and already limited resources.
    The Resistance lost 10 ships and 20-30 Crewmen. The First Order lost a Dreadnaught which cost hundreds of thousands of credits if not millions, thousands of crewmen, a entire array of TIE-Fighters, vehicles, and a rare powerful ship that can kill fleets and planetary defenses in one shot

    It was more then a fair trade

    And sure he turned off his communications but the Bombers didn't. If Leia really wanted to stop the attack she could have opened communications with the Bombers, told them to stand down, and forced Poe to retreat

    Meanwhile the actions of Holdo and Leia involve them sacrificing the entire fleet

    How was Poe in the wrong? Heck, the film unknowingly supports his actions. With the FO Fleet capable of tracking them if they hadn't taken down the Dreadnaught when they did they would have all been destroyed moments after the FO Fleet appeared behind them
    but the send Finn and Rose off (didn’t like that’s side quest, off set pacing) and taking over the ship was the wrong plan.
    Which could have easily been avoided, if Holdo rather then hold on to her plan like it was a amazing Hail Mary Pass. Could have simply informed her Second In Command and practically military leader at this point, that she had a actual plan

    There was practically no point in not telling at least the remaining top officers. Even if the Fighters were gone Poe is still a ranking Officer that many in the Military look up to

    He deserved to know at the very least to maintain morale. Is it any wonder that the movie says people were trying to jump ship?

    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • GiantSlayerBF2
    2055 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I like how the FO looks. They took everything from the empire and improved it (with the exception of the obsession of super weapons)
    I REAALLLY love crait. Just imagine if The resistance actually was balanced with the first order and had competent ground vehicles...
    I also love the callbacks to the OT, ad Kylo Ren is such a great villain!
    I also like these moments from the latest movie:
    (SPOILERS FOR THE LAST JEDI)
    When he force choked General Hux and ended their rivalry right there, and how Luke totally trolled the poop emoji out of Kylo.
    And also, AT-M6’S LOOK SO BEAST!!
    I agree the plot might have been bad, but cool stuff like that brings great potential to a Battlefront game IMO
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star
    His friend the Moustache Rebel

    mt04k5rkfeha.png
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • bfloo
    15816 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star
    It was mentioned in ANH that Luke had training and flown ships before especially in the scene with Han

    Han: Yeah, and who's gonna fly it Kid, you?
    Luke:Yeah, well I'm not such a bad pilot myself

    His friend the Moustache Rebel was a pilot himself so it stands to reason they flew a lot

    That and he only made it to the core of the Death Star because he had a lot of HELP and dozens of body shields, lol

    He was only able to get it in because Han flanked Vader and his TIE Squad and Obi-Wan guided him

    If not for those two he would have lost. Poe took down more TIE fighters in TFA then Luke shot down during the course of the trilogy come to think of it
    Luke Ian super accurate with a blaster when saving Leia and apparently a master spy.
    Luke: Oh that's easy I used to Bull'seye Wampa Rats back in my T-16 at home

    Stands to reason since they lived on a Desert Planet populated with Sand People and that they could afford Blasters Luke likely had a lot of training and practice with them

    He still missed numerous shots on the Storm-Troopers shooting down at them when they were stuck on that Death Star Bridge
    Anakin isn’t able to destroy a command ship after only flying a pod racer
    Yeah, that scene is still pretty silly. But hey at least it was by accident and he had R-2 assisting the controls. And at least he was a Race Car driver, so I guess that kinda helps

    I don't know
    By destroying the dreadnaught he lost the majority’s of he resistance and already limited resources.
    The Resistance lost 10 ships and 20-30 Crewmen. The First Order lost a Dreadnaught which cost hundreds of thousands of credits if not millions, thousands of crewmen, a entire array of TIE-Fighters, vehicles, and a rare powerful ship that can kill fleets and planetary defenses in one shot

    It was more then a fair trade

    And sure he turned off his communications but the Bombers didn't. If Leia really wanted to stop the attack she could have opened communications with the Bombers, told them to stand down, and forced Poe to retreat

    Meanwhile the actions of Holdo and Leia involve them sacrificing the entire fleet

    How was Poe in the wrong? Heck, the film unknowingly supports his actions. With the FO Fleet capable of tracking them if they hadn't taken down the Dreadnaught when they did they would have all been destroyed moments after the FO Fleet appeared behind them
    but the send Finn and Rose off (didn’t like that’s side quest, off set pacing) and taking over the ship was the wrong plan.
    Which could have easily been avoided, if Holdo rather then hold on to her plan like it was a amazing Hail Mary Pass. Could have simply informed her Second In Command and practically military leader at this point, that she had a actual plan

    There was practically no point in not telling at least the remaining top officers. Even if the Fighters were gone Poe is still a ranking Officer that many in the Military look up to

    He deserved to know at the very least to maintain morale. Is it any wonder that the movie says people were trying to jump ship?

    Poe wasn't a top officer. He was demoted from squadron commander.

    Holdo didn't know how they were being tracked. Finn was the only one who knew and Finn sent him off to Star Wars Vegas BEFORE he could let the senior officers know.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star
    It was mentioned in ANH that Luke had training and flown ships before especially in the scene with Han

    Han: Yeah, and who's gonna fly it Kid, you?
    Luke:Yeah, well I'm not such a bad pilot myself

    His friend the Moustache Rebel was a pilot himself so it stands to reason they flew a lot

    That and he only made it to the core of the Death Star because he had a lot of HELP and dozens of body shields, lol

    He was only able to get it in because Han flanked Vader and his TIE Squad and Obi-Wan guided him

    If not for those two he would have lost. Poe took down more TIE fighters in TFA then Luke shot down during the course of the trilogy come to think of it
    Luke Ian super accurate with a blaster when saving Leia and apparently a master spy.
    Luke: Oh that's easy I used to Bull'seye Wampa Rats back in my T-16 at home

    Stands to reason since they lived on a Desert Planet populated with Sand People and that they could afford Blasters Luke likely had a lot of training and practice with them

    He still missed numerous shots on the Storm-Troopers shooting down at them when they were stuck on that Death Star Bridge
    Anakin isn’t able to destroy a command ship after only flying a pod racer
    Yeah, that scene is still pretty silly. But hey at least it was by accident and he had R-2 assisting the controls. And at least he was a Race Car driver, so I guess that kinda helps

    I don't know
    By destroying the dreadnaught he lost the majority’s of he resistance and already limited resources.
    The Resistance lost 10 ships and 20-30 Crewmen. The First Order lost a Dreadnaught which cost hundreds of thousands of credits if not millions, thousands of crewmen, a entire array of TIE-Fighters, vehicles, and a rare powerful ship that can kill fleets and planetary defenses in one shot

    It was more then a fair trade

    And sure he turned off his communications but the Bombers didn't. If Leia really wanted to stop the attack she could have opened communications with the Bombers, told them to stand down, and forced Poe to retreat

    Meanwhile the actions of Holdo and Leia involve them sacrificing the entire fleet

    How was Poe in the wrong? Heck, the film unknowingly supports his actions. With the FO Fleet capable of tracking them if they hadn't taken down the Dreadnaught when they did they would have all been destroyed moments after the FO Fleet appeared behind them
    but the send Finn and Rose off (didn’t like that’s side quest, off set pacing) and taking over the ship was the wrong plan.
    Which could have easily been avoided, if Holdo rather then hold on to her plan like it was a amazing Hail Mary Pass. Could have simply informed her Second In Command and practically military leader at this point, that she had a actual plan

    There was practically no point in not telling at least the remaining top officers. Even if the Fighters were gone Poe is still a ranking Officer that many in the Military look up to

    He deserved to know at the very least to maintain morale. Is it any wonder that the movie says people were trying to jump ship?

    Poe wasn't a top officer. He was demoted from squadron commander.

    Holdo didn't know how they were being tracked. Finn was the only one who knew and Finn sent him off to Star Wars Vegas BEFORE he could let the senior officers know.

    poe assumed that holdo was smart enough to go with the plan but boys have cooties so she didn't give any hecks
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • OOM19
    2833 posts Member
    I never bought into the idea that Holdo thought someone was leaking information. If she was why didn't anyone mention it?

    Again, even if she thought there was a Mole why not tell someone like Poe who is trustworthy and be able to use his reputation to keep the Morale going?

    Why publicly insult him as if that would help morale?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png

    OUT AM I?!
    I live again
    I am ROMG4 or is ROMG4 me? If I am ROMG4 who am I? If ROMG4 is me who is he what is he? If I am him who or what am I?

    If this is conscious does that mean I know I am ROMG4 or not, is ROMG4 me? or Is it not

    Gone forgotten, out of board and into the pan of ghost fire and diatrabe of sadness no one AVENGED ME how could this be. 2 years I exist I help, I talk, I contribute, I speak, no one helped me no aide, no one all alone in the dark of the night where dark things lurk in the more of subconscious thought and that which lurks bellow and beyond the veil of madness and the unknown

    Space and Asteroids ROMG4
  • bfloo
    15816 posts Member
    acc751 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    This is common in Star Wars. Luke’s, never flying a fighter Ian able to destroy the Death Star
    It was mentioned in ANH that Luke had training and flown ships before especially in the scene with Han

    Han: Yeah, and who's gonna fly it Kid, you?
    Luke:Yeah, well I'm not such a bad pilot myself

    His friend the Moustache Rebel was a pilot himself so it stands to reason they flew a lot

    That and he only made it to the core of the Death Star because he had a lot of HELP and dozens of body shields, lol

    He was only able to get it in because Han flanked Vader and his TIE Squad and Obi-Wan guided him

    If not for those two he would have lost. Poe took down more TIE fighters in TFA then Luke shot down during the course of the trilogy come to think of it
    Luke Ian super accurate with a blaster when saving Leia and apparently a master spy.
    Luke: Oh that's easy I used to Bull'seye Wampa Rats back in my T-16 at home

    Stands to reason since they lived on a Desert Planet populated with Sand People and that they could afford Blasters Luke likely had a lot of training and practice with them

    He still missed numerous shots on the Storm-Troopers shooting down at them when they were stuck on that Death Star Bridge
    Anakin isn’t able to destroy a command ship after only flying a pod racer
    Yeah, that scene is still pretty silly. But hey at least it was by accident and he had R-2 assisting the controls. And at least he was a Race Car driver, so I guess that kinda helps

    I don't know
    By destroying the dreadnaught he lost the majority’s of he resistance and already limited resources.
    The Resistance lost 10 ships and 20-30 Crewmen. The First Order lost a Dreadnaught which cost hundreds of thousands of credits if not millions, thousands of crewmen, a entire array of TIE-Fighters, vehicles, and a rare powerful ship that can kill fleets and planetary defenses in one shot

    It was more then a fair trade

    And sure he turned off his communications but the Bombers didn't. If Leia really wanted to stop the attack she could have opened communications with the Bombers, told them to stand down, and forced Poe to retreat

    Meanwhile the actions of Holdo and Leia involve them sacrificing the entire fleet

    How was Poe in the wrong? Heck, the film unknowingly supports his actions. With the FO Fleet capable of tracking them if they hadn't taken down the Dreadnaught when they did they would have all been destroyed moments after the FO Fleet appeared behind them
    but the send Finn and Rose off (didn’t like that’s side quest, off set pacing) and taking over the ship was the wrong plan.
    Which could have easily been avoided, if Holdo rather then hold on to her plan like it was a amazing Hail Mary Pass. Could have simply informed her Second In Command and practically military leader at this point, that she had a actual plan

    There was practically no point in not telling at least the remaining top officers. Even if the Fighters were gone Poe is still a ranking Officer that many in the Military look up to

    He deserved to know at the very least to maintain morale. Is it any wonder that the movie says people were trying to jump ship?

    Poe wasn't a top officer. He was demoted from squadron commander.

    Holdo didn't know how they were being tracked. Finn was the only one who knew and Finn sent him off to Star Wars Vegas BEFORE he could let the senior officers know.

    poe assumed that holdo was smart enough to go with the plan but boys have cooties so she didn't give any hecks

    She might have if he didn't wait til they were out of fuel to let her know what it was.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Man, talking about Star Wars films just is NOT fun anymore. More like a war itself. An old pastime that I'm resigning away from here on out.

    The Last Jedi is brilliant!! (Runs out, slams the door)
  • Anoh wrote: »
    I don't, it's all recycled low effort fan fiction to me.

    SW is I - VI and that is final!

    Rogue One was excellent, more hot spin-offs please.

    Yep, x1000. Doesn’t get any better than this post, and that’s a fact and for certain. I would still love to see what Lucas had in mind with his outline of the sequel trilogy.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Past Page:
    oHf3IgU.gif

    Sigh.

    Alright, here's my opinion. Redwolf is quite hilariously the same thing he claims to be "Against" I.E Anglo Saxons being bad is the same thing as replacing Anglo Saxons with *Insert Word* So I find that quite funny

    But @Saber91 You fool you let him win. All he had to do was act tough and in-control in his posts. All he had to do was get that under you're skin get you angry and mad. And "Prove" his point that all people who lean "Right" are angry and vindictive and prone to outbursts

    Never let anger take control of you. If you do then you give him the leverage, the defense, the sympathy, and everything. It's far easier to critique his points if you aren't angry as well

    He's already got you doing cartwheels as it is. My suggestion would be to get off for a few hours if he replies, In that time think about his posts on and off you'll be surprised what great counter arguments you can come up with if you have time

    What are you talking about we're having an argument. No one's trying to manipulate anyone into doing "cartwheels". I already made my counter argument and I'm sticking to it.

    I just typed a block of text to emphasize my point more. Just because I typed more than he has means I "let him win"? Get a grip. By your logic I made HIM do cartwheels with his post that was as large as mine. Im not flying off the handle making outbursts. My point was there's too many strong female leads in these movies just for the sake of having them, to pander to SJW nonsense. That was my point.

    He has yet to respond.
  • I dislike the new trilogy and I really dislike Kylo Ren.

    They made him overly emo and he throws childish tantrums just like Anakin Skywalker did in the prequel. Anakin Skywalker's character was heavily criticized for the childish behavior and it more or less ruined Hayden Christensen's career.

    A lot of people blame Hayden Christensen for Anakin's terrible portrayal but I disagree, he was just following a ***** script in my opinion.

    I also dislike thew trilogy because it erased like 25+ years of expanded universe. I mean I guess they had to in order to make new movies because everyone would know what was going to happen.

    But the expanded universe had way better characters and more interesting plots than the current one does.

    RIP Mara Jade Skywalker

    RIP Ben Skywalker

    RIP Kyle Katarn

  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Past Page:
    oHf3IgU.gif

    Sigh.

    Alright, here's my opinion. Redwolf is quite hilariously the same thing he claims to be "Against" I.E Anglo Saxons being bad is the same thing as replacing Anglo Saxons with *Insert Word* So I find that quite funny

    But @Saber91 You fool you let him win. All he had to do was act tough and in-control in his posts. All he had to do was get that under you're skin get you angry and mad. And "Prove" his point that all people who lean "Right" are angry and vindictive and prone to outbursts

    Never let anger take control of you. If you do then you give him the leverage, the defense, the sympathy, and everything. It's far easier to critique his points if you aren't angry as well

    He's already got you doing cartwheels as it is. My suggestion would be to get off for a few hours if he replies, In that time think about his posts on and off you'll be surprised what great counter arguments you can come up with if you have time

    I never said I'm against anglo-saxin males, that would just be weird since i'm a white 32 y/o male, nor do i think all conservative's think this way, that was a leap someone took early on since I pointed out on the far right uses the term SJW as a catch all for all things they disagree with.

    My phrasing was it wouldn't be white anglo-saxin male enough for him. Since when someone says SJW in relation to Star Wars they're referring to female leads and/or black storm troopers.

    I used to have a problem with the black trooper but then I realized the star wars universe is full of diversity so it would make sense that there's some black dude troopers.

    But the "kick everyone's *****" strong female characters were over board. And that falls into the SJW category because it was obviously pandering to them.
  • Saber91 wrote: »
    But the "kick everyone's ****" strong female characters were over board. And that falls into the SJW category because it was obviously pandering to them.

    Not Phasma though. She's an embarrassment. Look at me in my shiny armor. Pew pew pew.
  • Rogozhi
    653 posts Member
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt.
    Yep. The destruction of History and Identity and they don't even care. They don't care because "It's Bad! It's evil! it's a Stamp of oppression!
    They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.
    THEY DID?!

    You can't be serious

    They didn't actually do that it's impossible!
    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.
    It is hilarious that in the 30 Years since the Soviet Union dissolved Americans went from being against Communism to Colleges actually supporting it

    It's also ironic to see Rich People critique and condemn Capitalism, meanwhile they have made millions via Capitalism
    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.
    Ugh, don't even remind me
    A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.
    Indeed, take Gojira for example
    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
    I wouldn't know. I've stayed away from those films but GOTG, Ant-Man, and Thor because of 75% of the Marvel actors being completely disrespectful to Trump Supporters and people that lean towards the right by calling them the scum of the earth

    And being overall Dumb and forcing their politics down our throats

    A shame really that people have forgot the original intent of Cinema.

    Yeah the Wilhelm scream is gone. They literally said they were putting the old traditions to rest and starting new ones.
    OOM19 wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »
    OOM19 wrote: »
    Here's a big one. Some in the modern left believe we need to tear down the old institutions because they are corrupt.
    Yep. The destruction of History and Identity and they don't even care. They don't care because "It's Bad! It's evil! it's a Stamp of oppression!
    They even went so far as to remove the Wilhelm scream from the movie.
    THEY DID?!

    You can't be serious

    They didn't actually do that it's impossible!
    They get a dig on capitalism with the whole casino scene.
    It is hilarious that in the 30 Years since the Soviet Union dissolved Americans went from being against Communism to Colleges actually supporting it

    It's also ironic to see Rich People critique and condemn Capitalism, meanwhile they have made millions via Capitalism
    Moral relativity even comes up when discussing the weapons dealers.
    Ugh, don't even remind me
    A creator's politics will always colour their work. But it's how overtly they did it that's the problem. It doesn't feel natural. It's forced and obvious.
    Indeed, take Gojira for example
    By comparison Black Panther is a movie with an all black case that doesn't push a narrative in the same way and it's a stellar movie because of it.
    I wouldn't know. I've stayed away from those films but GOTG, Ant-Man, and Thor because of 75% of the Marvel actors being completely disrespectful to Trump Supporters and people that lean towards the right by calling them the scum of the earth

    And being overall Dumb and forcing their politics down our throats

    A shame really that people have forgot the original intent of Cinema.

    Which was to entertain a story, for a few hours to go into another world. Different, but similar in a way. An escape for a few hours to another world, to forget about problems and project yourself into another world which you can relate. That’s what Cinema is to me at least.

    That and to unite people regardless of their Political Beliefs to go through a adventure to see a Sci-Fi World, Fantasy, adventure, Depiction of real events, Good Vs. Evil, etc

    To inspire the imagination

    Never to divide or serve as propaganda for one political group's beliefs

    Now film-makers can't seem to separate their politics from their creations

    Nor be respectful to those who do not share said beliefs

    You should see Black Panther. The main theme ends up being about working together in unity while the antagonist wants to start a black revolution. It's a great movie that avoids becoming left wing proganada while at the same time providing good strong black male and female characters.

    And yeah the Wilhelm scream is officially gone. They said they wanted to put an end to old traditions and start new ones. Which is the main theme of the film. Destroy the old corrupt systems and replace them with something new and better. Progress.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!