criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

A hero should have unlimited HP regen like Bossk.

Raylol
750 posts Member
It will be fair because only the dark side have it. A light side deserves 1 hero with that characteristic. It would be fair.

Replies

  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    None if them have the ability to that in canon.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right." Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.
  • mattfreddy wrote: »
    Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right." Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.

    Although agree on the killstreak possibility of all others, when you get streaks of 130+ I have never seen anyone other than Leia/Bossk and Palps do so. TBH I have not seen any others break 100. Playing aggressive as Bossk I would say is fairly difficult when you are looking at massive streaks, combined with the cancer that is DC spam and superior PC aim it makes it a challenge. Keen to be proven wrong but doubtful.

  • t3hBar0n
    5000 posts Member
    mattfreddy wrote: »
    Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right." Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.

    Although agree on the killstreak possibility of all others, when you get streaks of 130+ I have never seen anyone other than Leia/Bossk and Palps do so. TBH I have not seen any others break 100. Playing aggressive as Bossk I would say is fairly difficult when you are looking at massive streaks, combined with the cancer that is DC spam and superior PC aim it makes it a challenge. Keen to be proven wrong but doubtful.

    That is more a differential of their offensive abilities than their ability to heal... it just takes longer to kill people with say Rey compared to Palpatine given he has ranged AOE and she is melee single target... given the limited time of matches, melee will always be at a killstreak disadvantage.

    As far as the origina proposition... no.
  • t3hBar0n wrote: »
    mattfreddy wrote: »
    Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right." Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.

    Although agree on the killstreak possibility of all others, when you get streaks of 130+ I have never seen anyone other than Leia/Bossk and Palps do so. TBH I have not seen any others break 100. Playing aggressive as Bossk I would say is fairly difficult when you are looking at massive streaks, combined with the cancer that is DC spam and superior PC aim it makes it a challenge. Keen to be proven wrong but doubtful.

    That is more a differential of their offensive abilities than their ability to heal... it just takes longer to kill people with say Rey compared to Palpatine given he has ranged AOE and she is melee single target... given the limited time of matches, melee will always be at a killstreak disadvantage.

    As far as the origina proposition... no.

    Agreed, melee will always be at a disadvantage in the killing department. I cant think of any that would fit a passive regen though, however would even out the heroes a tad between emp/rebels.
  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    At least the good guys dont have boba on their team.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • Junus wrote: »
    not every hero needs it, but Iden, Boba, Han and Chewie definetly need health buffs.

    it's why we only see the same 6 hero each game .... yesterday I play against lando,... I had forgot he was in the game !

    But instead of giving health buff to every one .... maybe make them invisible on the minimap would be better.... right now the hero are not strong because some players , me include track them to death... only palpatine , yoda and rey are fast enought to hunt down .....
    This is why we get always owned by them

  • I honestly just wish everyone got a health regen card. I still do really good with Maul but as far as blaster heroes and Ren... Hes practically useless once you get below half health because you gotta play overly defensive and fall back after every kill
  • full regen liken enforcer!!!!
    but with less HP...
    I'll be very fine with bobba, palpatine, iden, han, leia, lando, with 400 hp full regen .... they would perform better and would not be OP, same for jedi but with 500-550hp
  • Here's a breakdown of "who's who in the zoo" with health or no health increase/buffs.

    Humans:
    Leia - receives health with every enemy defeated (For The Rebellion) and has bonus health card (High Spirit).
    Han - no health regen card/ability of any sort; can regenerate "lost" health but not to full HP.
    Lando - bonus health card (Hot and Cold).
    Luke - receives health with every enemy defeated (Cleansing The Darkness card)
    Iden - no regen card/abiltiy of any sort; can regenerate "lost" health but not to full HP.
    Boba - no regen card/ability of any sort; can regenerate "lost" health but not to full HP.
    Rey - receives health with every enemy defeated (Survivor card).
    Palpatine - receives health with every enemy defeated (Lightning Absorption).
    Phasma - can buff self to increase HP (Safety First card with Survivor ability active).
    FINN - can buff self and other players with HP (Big Deal ability).
    Kylo Ren - no regen card/abiltiy of any sort; can regenerate "lost" health but not to full HP.
    Darth Vader (25% human, 75% cybernetic enhancements) - bonus health card and Furious Rage self HP buff.

    Non-Humans:

    Maul - no regen card/ability of any sort; can regenerate "lost" health but not to full HP.
    Bossk - can fully regen to full health (Trandoshan), can regenerate health by utilizing "Name Your Poision" card.
    Chewbacca - bonus health card.
    Yoda - can buff self and other players with HP (Feel the Force card, Presence ability).
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace". — Darth Sidious

    Origin ID: -UE-Contagion

    Platform: PC

    hcphed0czknu.png
  • mattfreddy wrote: »
    Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right." Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.

    I absolutely agree that Bossk is easier for a noob player. That, I cannot deny. However, he is highly effective at playing the objective and turning the tide of the round if in the right hands. Therefore, I can understand what the OP is getting at. I would probably argue that Rey is the lightside equivalent right now. Wall hacks...
  • DigitalContagion
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    mattfreddy wrote: »
    Can go on 80+ killstreaks with yoda and maul. No health regeneration card available. Bossk is your typical "Just like in the 2015 version. Leia falls under this category aswell on certain maps so there you go. Hero game play is fun because of the challenge of surviving/killing everything. There is nothing exciting about playing bossk and having no risk of death if you know the precession....err I mean maps well enough. Just balance explosive shot instead. If you die as a hero after that you made a mistake/have room for improvement.

    First off...Bossk is a Trandoshan, look up his lore, it states he can fully regenerate back up to full health. That's why DICE made that fix in December. Second, he's VERY squishy at 600hp. He's EASY to kill with anyone if you catch a "bad" Bossk player off guard. Not every player that chooses Bossk runs around with "Name Your Poison" card to "help" regenerate his health back. I personally don't need to use it. I can survive well without it.

    I don't understand why you say players who use Bossk are...quote..."I lack any skill so I'll choose bossk and In turn have no health penalty and require no situational awareness besides throwing dioxis left and right."...end quote.

    Is he your main? Obviously not.

    Have you played with Bossk on every map and know your way around to easily catch opposing players off guard? mmmm, I'm going to guess no.

    Do you choose Bossk in HvV sometimes? How did that go?

    Have you played against a "good" Bossk who just utterly destroys you and the rest of your team while securing objectives and being a team player? Or is that person considered a noob too? A hero who PTO's.

    If you just make assumptions on everyone who uses Bossk has no skill, either you have not been playing SWBF2 very long or have not encountered a "good" Bossk player.
    "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace". — Darth Sidious

    Origin ID: -UE-Contagion

    Platform: PC

    hcphed0czknu.png
  • OOM19
    2830 posts Member
    Bossk only has it cause it fits his character of being a trandoshan, and as a trade-off he has only 600 hp. Its not that unfair

    Chewbacca can more then easily have the ability
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    Suppor The Latest OOM-9 Thread
    [url="https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121855/grievous-vs-oom-9/p1/p1[/url]

    jexdw69dwod3.png
  • Higher Regen threshold and Heal on kill are necessary, revert the roll changes for Heroes, remove the knockback stun on block. There, almost all the Heroes suddenly become balanced and viable now. A few tweaks would still be needed just for boba's blaster, ect. Currently there are only 4 to six viable Heroes on either side, and it gets boring having to play them every time because everyone else is trash.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • rollind24
    4896 posts Member
    Well I think to make it fair all heros should not have unlimited health regeneration and Bossks should be removed. It’s already easy enough to play as a hero this game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Devlin21
    8294 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Well I think to make it fair all heros should not have unlimited health regeneration and Bossks should be removed. It’s already easy enough to play as a hero this game.
    Thats how bossk is supposed to be, hes a trandoshan. Trade off is low health and being squishy.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

  • I don't agree to full health regen for all characters. That would just make some heroes OP and you'd have most heroes retreating to camp to full health.

    However, I think some heroes need more base health and some getting higher regen caps.
  • I do not like the idea of giving Everyone a full health regen.
    I'd rather everyone gets a solid regen threshold & a health on kill / hit card at a default, so that way I don't have to play Rey or Bossk & run a health card all the time.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

    aakkhwbkosde.gif

  • Raylol
    750 posts Member
    With this post I didn't mean to give heros full regen, I mean only 1 hero.
  • Heroes doesn't need more health !!!!
    I really think full regen with 450 hp -max 500hp ( maybe some tweak )
    to many hp remove the «realism» in the game
    to balance their low HP , of course , they have to remove the mini map indicator !
    for the hero dash, light saber user should have a better travel,...2 or 3 times the current dash
  • Bossks are always running away and hiding. Hero health system is fine.
  • no !
    the main game mode is GA and we always see the same heroes because some a way better than other !
    I don't know what it would change on HvV if han solo had 400 hp full regen but in GA He would be now on pair with bossk and palpatine ..... same for iden and bobba......
    In the current settings, they are just not enough good to pick them.....
    If you don't change anything, then change the BP cost at least because right now I do way better with enforcer than with some hero
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!