criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

[Poll] Who do you think the villain of a Kenobi movie would be?

I’ve been thinking about how much I’d like a Kenobi movie, and something dawned on me. Who’d be the villain if he exiled himself to Tatooine?
Take your pick of what you think: strawpoll.me/15279859
My speculation and reasons:
  • Commander Cody: Since he was highly suspicious Obi-wan survived order 66, I think it’s reasonable to believe he’d follow any trail he left to finish the job under the imperial banner.
  • Hutts: Maybe Jabba wants in on the action?
  • Bounty Hunter: Cad Bane had significant beef with Obi-wan, maybe he wants to settle the score? Or Fett?
  • Rogue Jedi: There was an important story arc in legends of a rogue Jedi who rejoined his Sand People family after Order 66 who became extremely hostile to Obi-wan. ckc99i5nwp15.jpeg
  • Inquisitor: They were around and would be a threat to Luke?
  • Grievous Reborn?: What if someone rebuilt him completely as a droid that sought out a grudge match to prove he was better than when he was partly organic?
Let me know what you think because I have no clue what to expect in way of a villain if we finally got Kenobi in the future.
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• Devlin21
    8329 posts Member
    Vader and the emperor.
    keeboxdf4h4g.gif

• The villain would be Wuher whenever he had to cut Kenobi off at the Cantina.

No offense, but none of these are a good idea, it defeats the entire purpose of Obi-Wan's exile to have some big bad who could draw the eyes of the Emperor/Vader straight down onto the galaxies next hope. I don't think a post RotS Obi Wan movie is a good idea at all. Obi Wan should have a rather uninteresting existence as the distant ward of Luke.

Now, a Qui Gon Jinn and Dooku movie, that I would like to see. The two most interesting characters in the Prequels and their outlook/motivations barely hinted at.
  • The Hutts or a Bounty Hunter would make the most sense. Have it where Kenobi accidentally enters a feud, and has to try and get out of it without compromising his identity. He'd have to go without the force and truly test his capabilities.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I've always thought a movie where he gets involved with some Hutt conflict would be interesting. No lightsaber, no Force.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • Ristardo
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    If its anything like the TLJ then Disney will be the villian. LOL.

I see Obi-wan constantly taunting force ghost Jin. "Train the boy...you said". "So do we train this Skywalker Jin".

Jin"Oh Hell no!!!! leave this one to Yoda to screw up."

Obi-wan " So now your saying don't train the boy"

Jin "Well its not like Yoda has anything else to do but sweep up seagull crap in the swap" "Lets see who the defiant one is now".

Obi-wan "arghhh Train the boy, dont train the boy" "Im going to setup a camp fire in the middle of nowhere and meditate until old Half-Maul with his shiny candy a$$ legs shows up."

Jin " Be mindfull of the present Obi-wan"

Obi-wan "Really. i need advice from you, like i need a hole in my chest" "Somethimes i can see right through you Qui-Gone"

"Dont worry he'll be Quarter--Maul by the time im done with him.".

20 years later Insert blink and you miss it fight scene with Maul.

Roll credits.

***** pratically writes itself.
  • A Hutt conflict is starting to grow on me. I gotta admit it makes a lot of sense to have a villain like that so he couldn’t use the force. Especially since the Hutts were so well connected that news would totally blow his cover on the whole planet and beyond. That may be the only plausible villain if we do get this movie.
  • They could just make a movie adaptation of the novel Kenobi from the EU.
  • Spiito
    1955 posts Member
    Kenobi movie concept: We get to see him fight (maybe even tame...) a Krayt dragon, he saves some people/pirates from Tusken raiders, moral dilemmas he observes when he very scarcely goes into populated areas, some scenes where he has to escape bounty hunters with every means necessary-while avoiding overly displaying his Jedi qualities/saber (this would be the end of the tamed Krayt dragon-if it wasn't killed by Obi to begin with), his struggle and fight to survive on such a harsh and unforgiving planet where glass storms are probably a thing, eventually he is confronted by crazy old maul, and then the movie eventually ends with Obi's meeting with Luke) ...Idk.
    ((!Kenobi Canon Plot spoiler gifs below!))
    pVpgB2w.gif
    tumblr_on4oycWemS1uvhnh7o1_500.gif
    Wknuto!
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    MAul would of made an excellent villain for the kenobi movie. They really should’ve saved the maul and kenobi confrontation for a movie. (They likely didn’t have any plans for a kenobi movie at that point though)

Instead we got a final confrontation between the two in very underwhelming rebels episode
    :(
  • I think Jabba and bounty hunters like in the comics could work

Maybe even some creatures like a krayt dragon or tusken raiders
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    I was always dead set on the movie focusing on that legends story, but you all have opened me up to a Hutt Conflict. There's a lot of avenues that approach could take, and countless characters they could introduce. Having Kenobi keep his cover intact whilst fighting a powerful crime syndicate would be really interesting. Especially with the Empire and the Dark Side casting a long shadow over everything.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    The best arc if they went post-RotS would be where he briefly left Tatooine after he heard rumors about Jedi survivors hiding on Kashyyyk.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    if there was a kenobi movie, it would probably literally just be a documentary on the life of a desert hermit.

obi wan literally sits on his heck and does nothing the entire time between episode 3 and 4 besides finally putting down darth maul and breaking the lore with ezra a couple times
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    since straw poll is blocked, here is my prediction for the villain of the obi wan movie:

BOREDOM!

obi wan will, throughout the movie try to keep himself from being bored out of his mind because he isn't allowed to actually see anyone until luke is ready except ezra because dave chick-fil-oni is a hecking heck who can't even write a 3rd grade essay
    Many of the arguments we have about this game would not exist if this was a single player focused game like it should have been since day 1.
  • acc751
    861 posts Member
    i would rather have an emoji movie 2 than an obi wan movie because at least the emoji movie isn't canon to star wars

• Darth Deathstick

rii8hftuq34m.jpg
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • THE NEW VILLIAN IS....
    flying.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • acc751 wrote: »
    since straw poll is blocked, here is my prediction for the villain of the obi wan movie:

BOREDOM!

obi wan will, throughout the movie try to keep himself from being bored out of his mind because he isn't allowed to actually see anyone until luke is ready except ezra because dave chick-fil-oni is a hecking heck who can't even write a 3rd grade essay

BLASPHEMY!
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    I was under the impression that if he did get his own movie, it should be before The Phantom Menace, and is basically his backstory in a film. Thing is, I'm not sure what his story is befor TPM and it might well be quite boring, and just 'A Day in the Life of a Jedi Padawan' or 'Inside the Jedi Temple'.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Boba Fett and Maul. You need to read Darth Vader vol 1 comics to see what Boba did at Cantina and how he almost got Luke. Maul too tried to get Kenobi but didn't get the higher ground.
  • BrushedBrass2
    540 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah Maul would have been great, well they can do what they like and say that rebells isn't canon anymore.
    Maybe some sort of inquisitor?

Oh I jus saw the "Grievous reborn" option, of course I want this :smiley:
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    I was under the impression that if he did get his own movie, it should be before The Phantom Menace, and is basically his backstory in a film. Thing is, I'm not sure what his story is befor TPM and it might well be quite boring, and just 'A Day in the Life of a Jedi Padawan' or 'Inside the Jedi Temple'.
    Now this would be a great way to do a movie about him. He actually had an intense training with Qui-gon in Legends. There was a book series of the two of them taking on fallen Jedi and criminal syndicates, it was pretty interesting.
    But as far as current canon goes his origin isn’t really explored. Only his mission to Mandalore to protect Satine from criminals and bounty hunters. Other than its free for expansion which would be a pretty cool setting for his movie. The dynamic between Obi-wan the level headed padawan and Qui-gon the maverick break all the rules master would be great to explore, plus we could get a glimpse of a younger Dooku, Qui-gon’s master.

• acc751
    861 posts Member
    DrX2345 wrote: »

i would be down with this

i welcome "the negotiations were short" memes

50dpxn08uvw4.png
  • I think commander Cody.
    I finally rest. And watch the sun set on an offline universe.