criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Vehicle Overhaul Concepts

It may just be me, but I think the vehicle system in this game badly needs a rework. It’s lopsided on most maps, most vehicles are just reskinned for other factions, and some things don’t even make sense. This is what I’d do.
  1. Divide and reclassify
    • Split Armor class into Light and Heavy
    • Rename Artillery class into Gunship class
    • Create a new Artillery class for units not on rails
    • Create a Transport class for the big heavies that are to remain on rails and be objectives. AT-AT/MTT etc
  2. Diversify
    • Remove vehicle duplicate reskins
    • Replace them with faction accurate vehicles
    • Give most factions a vehicle in each class. Sequels don’t have enough to go on right now.
  3. Balance
    • Create a rock/paper/scissors dynamic between vehicles I.e. AT-RT beats Artillery/AT-ST beats AT-RT/Artillery beats AT-ST. Health, speed, and damage potential need to be calculated between the class of vehicle. AT-RT never wins against an AT-ST unless the ST’ pilot sucks and fell asleep. It’s obviously outclassed but the current vehicle system presents them as comparable. Price doesn’t justify this. Every Abrams needs a T-90, battlefront is no different.
    • I may get some disagreements on this but the price for heavy armor needs to be raised. 500 BP at least to reflect it’s superior capabilities in combat.
    • Restrict map vehicle classes to reflect possible lanes of travel. Certain maps should be unable to access light/heavy/artillery/speeder. This is already somewhat in place, but I think it needs some more work. Or give us Conquest and Supremacy, you know whatever works.
    • The Gunship class should be available to both teams, but only one should be able to be up at a time. This would help balance maps like Kamino, and give you extra incentive to shoot the enemy gunship down so someone on your team can spawn in as one for air support.
I’ll follow with the units that should fill out these gaps. Feedback welcome!
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• To add, take away the strafe ability from speeders and speeder bikes.
  • univurshul
    1667 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Love it!... but will they realistically adopt it?....I'd say they're filing this one under "wouldn't it be sweet..." Also on that list is, "heroes & villains that use the force and heroes & villains that don't"..

I just want the invisible walls & trip-ups on the maps to be smoothed-out. If I could just get a few trees stumps erased, I might return to the speeder bike. That first week when the game released, the speeder bikes were excellent...
    Let's all remember that Luke's hand didn't clank to the stone when he vanished....Everything organic disappears as a force ghost. The in-organic stays...

• WildSpace wrote: »
    The following units should be reorganized into their respective classes:
    Light Armor: AT-RT for Republic only, except Yavin IV
    Heavy Armor: AT-ST for FO/Empire, AAT for Sep’s
    Transport: AT-AT and MTT
    Gunship: U-Wing, LAAT/i
    ——Units——
    1. Speeders:
      • Republic: BARC Speeder
        wvejszst2y7z.jpeg
        It should be in the game already. Standard speeder bike abilities except middle should be replaced with quad-linked fire
      • Separatists: STAP
        dj7b6fl0o4wb.jpeg
        Again, huge missed opportunity. Standard speeder bike abilities I’d imagine.
    2. Gunships:
      • Separatists: HMP Gunship
        u0zapqewqst1.jpeg
        It may have seemed difficult to implement, but all you need to control is the left gun turret. No new abilities really needed unless the Devs wanted to go for a missile barrage ability on a long cooldown that would be more-or-less an orbital strike.
      • Empire: TIE Reaper
        5i3a06ywpe5t.png
        Basically an Imperial U-Wing, perfect for those immersionists. No new abilities required.
    3. Light Armor: All light armor should share motion scan ideally. It makes sense for the role. Health should be between 500-700. They aren’t meant to take a serious beating. Most are meant for reconnaissance roles or flanking positions.
      • Separatists: LM-432 Crab Droid
        bo3vnwxxku6o.jpeg
        The snail tank is too heavily armed for this role, it’d be better suited as an alternate heavy vehicle. Middle ability should be laser barrage. Right ability either repair or heat sink
      • Rebels: Replace AT-RT with T2-B Light Tank
        qhsjolpmolw6.jpeg
        Ion charge or quad-link Fire would be ideal for middle ability. A small vehicle overshield would be a nice touch.
      • Empire: AT-PT
        5d74uyqsbaq8.png
        The armored evolution of the AT-RT, otherwise known as AT-ST junior, it’d be a fine addition to the Imperial arsenal. Middle ability I’d go with is overcharge, right ability would be concussion grenade launcher. Kinda like a light version of the AT-ST grenade launcher ability.
    4. Heavy Armor: These would be more unique in their weapon sets given they are formidable weapons and cost a fair bit. Health should be 1000 generally standard.
      • Republic: AT-AP “Pod Walker”
        vneu0h2f91r4.jpeg
        Seriously, it was a center piece in the battle of Kashyyyk, but not in the Kashyyyk map? Primary weapon should be the chin mounted laser. Left ability would be like the ARC-170 tail gunner, except for the top mounted gun. Middle ability would be siege mode for the main gun. Right ability could be repair or heat sink
      • Rebellion: TX-130 Saber Tank
        47j3z9przzkn.jpeg
        Before you throw things at me the rebels did have them! Well in Legends anyway... besides it’s the most plausible easy moving unit that isn’t monstrously powerful that could be used like this. A T4-B is also no longer canon and those are meant to fight AT-AT’s head on so this is the best bet. And these things are like battlefront tradition, it’s a sin to not be included in the remakes! Left ability would be linked fire, middle would be top gunner(siege mode), right would be double concussion rockets.
    5. Artillery: These would have about 600-800 health, heavy firepower at range whether it be beams or lobs, very heavy frontal damage reduction, and a very slow turning speed. Can be taken out very quickly from behind. To utilize their heavy weapon they’d need to deploy as their middle ability, otherwise they’d only use their point defense short range blasters. Staple left ability should be point defense, which eliminates all incoming explosives for a short time.
      • Republic: RX-200 Falchion Tank
        x7r71mcs7ekw.png
        The deployed weapon would be the beam laser. Right ability would be repair
      • Separatists: HAG Tank
        7sogamoku3ym.jpeg
        vvp3srjdichi.png
        Deployed weapon is the massive lobbing artillery cannon. Large impact radius. Right ability could be Explosive shells
      • Empire: TX-225 GAVw
        y351aokwvcu0.png
        Deployed weapon would alternate between the main guns lobbing heavy blasts. Right ability could be motion sensor
      • Rebels: AAC-1
        yimdhian5f37.jpeg
        Another battlefront icon come on DICE! Please! Deployed weapon would alternate between the rocket pods. Right ability would be linked fire or repair.
      I think this would put the game in the right direction. Sure it’s a lot to ask for, and sure it may not be possible given the current state, but I hope they hear these suggestions so this game can get on the right track. Something like this set up would balance the game out between the factions because we all know how mismatched it is right now.

Ehhh, empire and rebels don’t really have artillery like that. I just suggest the CW have it, since both sides were fairly matched. Speaking of CW, I think if the AT-RT Was reclassified and given a health nerf, it’s to be WAY more mobile. Quick turns, the ability to jump, basically you just have to make it a large infantry unit imo
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • nice but I think it's too much .....
    I'd rather prefer they start with a more open mode like supremacy and give us a free roaming gunship , maybe one or two more vehicles for balancing issue only.... in a 20 players team if you have 2 starcraft , 2 gunship, 3 ground vehicle
    2 heroes... it only give you 11 troopers on the battlefield so I prefer to have only assault vehicles and speeder like we already have ..
    but we all have our opinions
  • While I am a huge advocate for transport ships, the maps are designed in a way that does not allow full use of the idea. There is no need of transport ships in a "rush" (battlefield) type game. The only way to implement transport ships is either to add a conquest type game mode or if you keep the spawns at the opposite ends of Galactic Conquest no matter where the objectives are moved.
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    While I am a huge advocate for transport ships, the maps are designed in a way that does not allow full use of the idea. There is no need of transport ships in a "rush" (battlefield) type game. The only way to implement transport ships is either to add a conquest type game mode or if you keep the spawns at the opposite ends of Galactic Conquest no matter where the objectives are moved.

Good Argument.
    Rebuttal: CONQUEST
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • duvelsuper wrote: »
    While I am a huge advocate for transport ships, the maps are designed in a way that does not allow full use of the idea. There is no need of transport ships in a "rush" (battlefield) type game. The only way to implement transport ships is either to add a conquest type game mode or if you keep the spawns at the opposite ends of Galactic Conquest no matter where the objectives are moved.
    I understand this completely. I’m a huge advocate for a conquest mode where multiple vehicle types would be best suited. It’ll sound confusing but I didn’t intend for the reorganized transport class to actually, well, transport anyone. Just renamed them since they don’t really fit with the other vehicles, and they are in actuality transporting your troops “tickets” to the next phase. It would just be strange to name those vehicles Objective-class.
    WildSpace wrote: »
    ——Units——
    1. Speeders:
        wvejszst2y7z.jpeg
        It should be in the game already. Standard speeder bike abilities except middle should be replaced with quad-linked fire
        dj7b6fl0o4wb.jpeg
    2. Gunships:
        u0zapqewqst1.jpeg
        It may have seemed difficult to implement, but all you need to control is the left gun turret. No new abilities really needed unless the Devs wanted to go for a missile barrage ability on a long cooldown that would be more-or-less an orbital strike.
        5i3a06ywpe5t.png
        Basically an Imperial U-Wing, perfect for those immersionists. No new abilities required.
    3. Light Armor: All light armor should share motion scan ideally. It makes sense for the role. Health should be between 500-700. They aren’t meant to take a serious beating. Most are meant for reconnaissance roles or flanking positions.
        bo3vnwxxku6o.jpeg
        The snail tank is too heavily armed for this role, it’d be better suited as an alternate heavy vehicle. Middle ability should be laser barrage. Right ability either repair or heat sink
        qhsjolpmolw6.jpeg
        Ion charge or quad-link Fire would be ideal for middle ability. A small vehicle overshield would be a nice touch.
        5d74uyqsbaq8.png
        The armored evolution of the AT-RT, otherwise known as AT-ST junior, it’d be a fine addition to the Imperial arsenal. Middle ability I’d go with is overcharge, right ability would be concussion grenade launcher. Kinda like a light version of the AT-ST grenade launcher ability.
    4. Heavy Armor: These would be more unique in their weapon sets given they are formidable weapons and cost a fair bit. Health should be 1000 generally standard.
        vneu0h2f91r4.jpeg
        Seriously, it was a center piece in the battle of Kashyyyk, but not in the Kashyyyk map? Primary weapon should be the chin mounted laser. Left ability would be like the ARC-170 tail gunner, except for the top mounted gun. Middle ability would be siege mode for the main gun. Right ability could be repair or heat sink
        47j3z9przzkn.jpeg
        Before you throw things at me the rebels did have them! Well in Legends anyway... besides it’s the most plausible easy moving unit that isn’t monstrously powerful that could be used like this. A T4-B is also no longer canon and those are meant to fight AT-AT’s head on so this is the best bet. And these things are like battlefront tradition, it’s a sin to not be included in the remakes! Left ability would be linked fire, middle would be top gunner(siege mode), right would be double concussion rockets.
    5. Artillery: These would have about 600-800 health, heavy firepower at range whether it be beams or lobs, very heavy frontal damage reduction, and a very slow turning speed. Can be taken out very quickly from behind. To utilize their heavy weapon they’d need to deploy as their middle ability, otherwise they’d only use their point defense short range blasters. Staple left ability should be point defense, which eliminates all incoming explosives for a short time.
        x7r71mcs7ekw.png
        7sogamoku3ym.jpeg
        vvp3srjdichi.png
        Deployed weapon is the massive lobbing artillery cannon. Large impact radius. Right ability could be Explosive shells
        y351aokwvcu0.png
        Deployed weapon would alternate between the main guns lobbing heavy blasts. Right ability could be motion sensor
        yimdhian5f37.jpeg
        Another battlefront icon come on DICE! Please! Deployed weapon would alternate between the rocket pods. Right ability would be linked fire or repair.
      I think this would put the game in the right direction. Sure it’s a lot to ask for, and sure it may not be possible given the current state, but I hope they hear these suggestions so this game can get on the right track. Something like this set up would balance the game out between the factions because we all know how mismatched it is right now.

Ehhh, empire and rebels don’t really have artillery like that. I just suggest the CW have it, since both sides were fairly matched. Speaking of CW, I think if the AT-RT Was reclassified and given a health nerf, it’s to be WAY more mobile. Quick turns, the ability to jump, basically you just have to make it a large infantry unit imo
    The empire did, but all their other stuff was pretty overkill and I’d prefer for the game to not be imbalanced further lol. I see your point with the rebels though, their choices were a bit sparse and that’s counting legends too. That could work better if they were changed to be emplacements like the turrets on Hoth, but only on certain Clone Wars maps. It’d certainly save them a lot of work. Although if they were fixed in place I’d switch the Republic artillery to the AV-7 from TCW.
    That’s about how I think light vehicles should be. Just a step above speeders really. I’m still disappointed AT-RTs can’t jump in this game tbh I forget and try all the time
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
    ——Units——
    1. Speeders:
        wvejszst2y7z.jpeg
        dj7b6fl0o4wb.jpeg
    2. Gunships:
        u0zapqewqst1.jpeg
        5i3a06ywpe5t.png
        bo3vnwxxku6o.jpeg
        qhsjolpmolw6.jpeg
        5d74uyqsbaq8.png
        vneu0h2f91r4.jpeg
        47j3z9przzkn.jpeg
        x7r71mcs7ekw.png
        7sogamoku3ym.jpeg
        vvp3srjdichi.png
        y351aokwvcu0.png
        yimdhian5f37.jpeg

I can tell you why they didn't put any of the vehicles, cause EA are ***** lazy that's why, like I want a real rebel tank, a real clone tank so I can destroy these at-st and aat tanks. It bothers me that no one has a problem with this on youtube.
    ——Units——
    1. Speeders:
        wvejszst2y7z.jpeg
        dj7b6fl0o4wb.jpeg
    2. Gunships:
        u0zapqewqst1.jpeg
        5i3a06ywpe5t.png
        bo3vnwxxku6o.jpeg
        qhsjolpmolw6.jpeg
        5d74uyqsbaq8.png
        vneu0h2f91r4.jpeg
        47j3z9przzkn.jpeg
        x7r71mcs7ekw.png
        7sogamoku3ym.jpeg
        vvp3srjdichi.png
        y351aokwvcu0.png
        yimdhian5f37.jpeg

Just get rid of the at-rt it sucks against vehicles, I can never kill a at-st even with epic cards. If anything they should be good against infantry.
    ——Units——
    1. Speeders:
        wvejszst2y7z.jpeg
        dj7b6fl0o4wb.jpeg
    2. Gunships:
        u0zapqewqst1.jpeg
        5i3a06ywpe5t.png
        bo3vnwxxku6o.jpeg
        qhsjolpmolw6.jpeg
        5d74uyqsbaq8.png
        vneu0h2f91r4.jpeg
        47j3z9przzkn.jpeg
        x7r71mcs7ekw.png
        7sogamoku3ym.jpeg
        vvp3srjdichi.png
        y351aokwvcu0.png
        yimdhian5f37.jpeg

This would be great. Nice ideas.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Nice work OP and some interesting ideas.
    #StarWars-y
  • OP should get a job at EA/DICE. These ideas are FANTASTIC!
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • DrX2345
    2888 posts Member
    OP should get a job at EA/DICE. These ideas are FANTASTIC!
    Did you see his 'Detailed Reinforcement Concepts?' So good.
    OOM19 wrote: »

Imagine it

A horde of Bipedal Millennium Falcons with cheeseburgers for legs
    If there seems to be random words or phrases in my post that don't make sense, blame Autocorrect.
    #COOMCAIBDJF
  • DrX2345 wrote: »
    OP should get a job at EA/DICE. These ideas are FANTASTIC!
    Did you see his 'Detailed Reinforcement Concepts?' So good.

Yeah. That was incredible as well.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames